Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Version 6.2.15 is out !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

Version 6.2.15 is out ! Empty
PostSubject: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:03 am

Version 6.2.15 is out !
What's new in this version ?
* Added: new feature: AI (Archive ID) path, ability to store roms of files in archives. i.e. make a console of all roms of compressed files while these roms are still compressed !
* Added: new way to add console, specially for MAME ! ability to add roms from MAME DAT file and all roms can be added including the merged set entries.
* Added: ability to import Hyber List XML database file into console.
* Added: tool similier to the google search but to search folders for images in the image tabs.
* Added: ability to config archive extraction behavior per console with new options.
* Added: new option in the detect window allows to remove symbols from names in detect progress.
* Added: ability to convert data info item(s) into info tab(s) using the new 'Rom Data Info(s) To Info Tab' tool.
* Added: option in rom properties window can make EO ignore a rom path if it is not exist.
* Fixed: error with crc compare (in some cases) in database import with some database types.
* Fixed: error when trying to export into No-intro dat database file and changing the header xml file.
* Fixed: image tabs never save when hiding tool\status bars.
* Fixed: arrow keys not work when attempting to select roms in the roms list and the roms count is small.
* Fixed: consoles browser sometimes never show background image (that set by style)
* Improved: welcome window can now manage recent profiles list.

For download and more info, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Enjoy Very Happy

Last edited by AHD on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong version :/)
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 11:05 am

Hello everyone !
Sorry for keeping you waiting you guys, we were just taking our time to ensure EO is the best !
In this post, I'll try to explain every new feature of EO. Don't hesitate to post any questions, suggestions and we'll try to answer them all. Sorry we may not be able to implement some requests, we'll try to implement them in future releases.

AI (Archive ID) path:
----------------------
Is new feature that solve a lot of problems, to me, I see it's the most amazing feature you may find in any launcher. The idea is simple: Ability to add the files of compressed file as roms in EO while these files still compressed (still in the compressed file without extract). For example, let's say we have this NES game "Rygar", we download the file for this game from the internet and we get Rygar.zip. We open this file then we found some files for the same game:
Rygar (U).nes: the USA/UK version of the game.
Rygar (E).nes: the Europe version of the game.
Argos No Senshi (J).nes : the Japanese version of the game.
In order to play this rom with EO (before this release), we add Rygar.zip as rom, then we select the emulator and finally we double-click on it. A new window will pop up show us the previous versions on the game files. We pick up one then here we go the emulator run.
BUT, with AI path, we are able to add these three versions of the game as roms:
Rygar (U), Rygar (E) and Argos No Senshi (J)
To play one of them, you just double click on the rom of it (let's say Rygar (E)) then here you go, the emulator run ! yes, no compressed files window pop up, EO will take care of choosing the right file and extracting.
The AI path is simply: Compressed File Index[Compressed file path] in formula:
AI(x). While x is the zero-based index of the file within archive.
So to make a rom AI path, just make the path of that rom like above.
AI path will be set automatically when you add roms using Add Roms and/or Add Roms (folder scan) with option "If rom is compressed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path".
Advantages:
> AI path solve a lot of issues related to database imports like db entry not found or file rename to wrong name.
> AI path get rid of 'annoying sometimes' compressed files choose window.
> AI path let you use huge collection of roms in EO while these roms actually compressed and these files inside archive which mean you don't have to extract them and lose space !!

Disadvantage: You'll lose ability to use some features like: real delete rom, rename rom file, apply name on file and rom file delete generally (used in database imports, send to ...etc)

The MAME Console Add:
-----------------------
Adding console to EO profile for mame was kind of hard because of you'll need to make some configuration for console (make Extract rom if archive option disabled for example) also you'll need to import mame dat database file to rename the added roms ..... etc
With this new feature, everything will be taken care of for you, you just go to Add>Add MAME console then in the new window, you specify the database file of mame, folders and config some few options (you just over the mouse cursor over an option and will explain itself for you). After that, you'll be able to use MAME console as it is, Merged or Split set !!
Tested with real full Merged set, almost all roms add of the database (about 99%) and then we were able to play the parent and children version of the games !!

tool similier to the google search
but to search folders for images
in the image tabs
-------------------------
In old versions of EO, you were able to add snapshots (for example) for your roms using the Detect feature. This feature allows you to specify the folders needed to search for rom snapshots. But sometimes you'll need to do a simple search for one rom and you can't just re-detect the whole collection for it !
This new feature allows you to search a folder for images for one rom. Just a normal search with some options but relive you to open windows explorer and get too many windows open in your screen.

ability to config archive extraction
behavior per console with new options.
------------------------------
In old versions of EO, you were able to config compressed files extraction behavor in the settings. These configuration were shared with all profiles and consoles.
Now, each console can have it's own configuration when compressed file come to play:
In the console properties window (right click on the console then choose properties) select the Archives page. In this page:
> Extract rom first if archive: If set, EO will extract the rom compressed file and then send the extracted (chosen) file path to the emulator. NOT WORK with roms of AI path since these roms are compressed by itself and selected file MUST be extracted anyway.
> Select the first file of the compressed file and skip selection window: If set, if the compressed file have more than one file, EO will select the first one then extract it and send the path to the emulator. NOT WORK with roms of AI path as well.
> How to extract: this option work if "Extract rom first if archive" is set and with AI path as well. Since the compressed file will be extracted, you need to specify how it should be extracted:
-Extract selected file only: only selected file will be extracted, if the option "Select the first file of the compressed file and skip selection window" is set then that the first file will be extracted otherwise the selection window will pop up, any file you select will be extracted ONLY and sent to the emulator.
-Extract all files: all files will be extracted, if the option "Select the first file of the compressed file and skip selection window" is set then all files will be extracted then selected file will be sent to emulator otherwise the selection window will pop up, any file you select will be extracted along with all files of that compressed files and then selected file sent to the emulator.
> Archive extensions: EO will consider rom is COMPRESSED when the extension of it's path belong to this list. Note that this list affect AI path roms only when you add them (you modify the list before adding the AI path roms) After that AI path is archive always even if you modify this list. Also this list affect the way EO behave when you Detect, Import databases ...etc so modifying this list should be done with care.
> Extraction allowed extensions: When EO open compressed file, it will apply this extensions list filter to the files that may found in the compressed file. For example, you can set EO only look for .bin and .cue extensions. After that, other options come to work normally:
-Select the first file of the compressed file and skip selection window: the first file of ALLOWED file extensions will be selected.
-How to extract ... : Only the ALLOWED extensions files will be extracted.
If you leave this list Empty EO will apply no filter.

This can be used with CD IMAGES files, for example, you can set EO to extract all files of the archive and select the .bin file to be sent to the emu.

ability to convert data info item(s)
into info tab(s) using the new
'Rom Data Info(s) To Info Tab' tool.
------------------------------
When you import a database file for console, sometimes you'll find new columns in the roms list (description, published by ...etc) which include information for each rom. Sometimes these info is larger to be displayed in the roms list and/or in Rom Info tab. To solve this problem, you can convert one/some/all of these columns (which called Rom Data Info) into text files then display them in an Info text tab. Thus, you'll get a better view of the info !
To do so, you'll need to have at least one tab of Info Text type in the desired console. After that, go to Tools>Data info to info tab.
A new window should pop up, set a check to the data info elements you want to include. Note that if you set one of them then the info will show the info only of selected element. Otherwise if you set more than one the info text will be like this:
Element 1 Name:
Element 1 Value

Element 2 Name:
Element 2 Value

In the info tab list, select the info tab you want to save files for.
Click Change button to specify the folder where to save these files.
Specify the desired the options (just move the mouse cursor over an option then it will explain itself)

I hope i covered everything in this release, don't hesitate to post question and/or suggestion and we'll try to answer as many as possible.
Sorry for my English by the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Our apologies we didn't post about new release today we had some difficult time so we managed to upload both the source code and the zip file yesterday but we couldn't be able to post about it
This version came with new great features as ahe above but we didn't update the help.chm file (lack of time) so we decide to post about new feature
I think I should say this, ahd is the only one now developing eo,I create eo 1 but since v2 ahd developed Eo , I help in testing and discuss new feature and update other one,we enjoy every release and try our best to bring eo to become the best enjoyable launcher in the net we hope you like our work and post about any problem/suggestions you have
I would thanks our community for the big support
Enjoy and long live emulation
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:31 am

Thank you for another update to EO!
It is very appreciated that you continue to work on it in these difficult times.

There are a few requests I hope you can add for future updates.

1. Could you add an option to hide the toolbar?

Version 6.2.15 is out ! Image

2. I use a dark grey style, so would prefer the text to be white.
Could you add two options to the style editor?

Menu button text color

Thumbnail mode text color

I also use the whdload map option, to remove the bracketed regions in a rom filename. This used to work in the old EO, but in the new EO it no longer works.

The map files I use are like this:

gamename (region).zip|gamename

Here is the map file for Sega Master System - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Thank you we will continue updating eo as long as we could
Consider these requests inter next release
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Thank you Croser.

There is another thing I noticed when using the thumbnails view. It doesn't remember/save the zoom setting. I like to zoom in to show say 5 thumbnails per row. When I next use EO, it has gone back to the default zoom level, showing lots of very small thumbnails, zoomed out.
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Bigby wrote:
Thank you for another update to EO!
It is very appreciated that you continue to work on it in these difficult times.

There are a few requests I hope you can add for future updates.

1. Could you add an option to hide the toolbar?

2. I use a dark grey style, so would prefer the text to be white.
Could you add two options to the style editor?

Menu button text color

Thumbnail mode text color

I also use the whdload map option, to remove the bracketed regions in a rom filename. This used to work in the old EO, but in the new EO it no longer works.

Here is the map file for Sega Master System - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you Croser.

There is another thing I noticed when using the thumbnails view. It doesn't remember/save the zoom setting. I like to zoom in to show say 5 thumbnails per row. When I next use EO, it has gone back to the default zoom level, showing lots of very small thumbnails, zoomed out.
Added to EO TODO list, we'll try to implement them all as soon as possible.
Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks again for the new release. Sorry I posted the news in another topic. I wasn't sure if you were able to access the internet and I didn't want people to miss the update.

But I appreciate the work you all put in to this emulator frontend!
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 pm

No problem man actually we 've been looking for forum moderator in case we can't access the forum if any one interesting just pm me
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 am

Thanks for adding my requests to the todo list AHD. Can I make a few more suggestions?  Smile

The Emulator tab now has a vertical scroll bar, when in the version before, I do not think it was there.
Can that be removed or for it to only show when there are a lot of emulators?

The video tab - Is is possible to hide the video controls, so that it shows only the video?

Could you also add the option to hide the toolbar and status bar in all the tabs, the way we can now hide them within the images tabs?
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:09 am

Bigby wrote:
Thanks for adding my requests to the todo list AHD. Can I make a few more suggestions?  Smile

The Emulator tab now has a vertical scroll bar, when in the version before, I do not think it was there.
Can that be removed or for it to only show when there are a lot of emulators?

The video tab - Is is possible to hide the video controls, so that it shows only the video?

Could you also add the option to hide the toolbar and status bar in all the tabs, the way we can now hide them within the images tabs?
Added to the TODO list too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 12:38 am

What about database in eo do any one have problem with no intro dat Nes cart.....
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Bigby wrote:

Hello,
We're almost finished working on new version and we are at the part of fixing WHDLoad issue,
Is it possible to upload the file "Sega Master System - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into another host site ? the file is deleted and it's needed for testing.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 6:37 am

Glad to see another update is on the way. I never downloaded the Sega Master System file otherwise I would be happy to upload it for you.

Hopefully Bigby see's this post and responds for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.2.15 is out !   Version 6.2.15 is out ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Version 6.2.15 is out !
Page 1 of 1