Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you display additional images for an emulator category?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
throwingmuse
new guy
throwingmuse

How do you display additional images for an emulator category? Empty
PostSubject: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 pm

I have correctly configured EO to show snapshots, covers, manuals, and videos for my emulators. However, in the snapshot wizard, I specified multiple folders for different image types: titles, carts, flyers, etc. However, EO does not display the additional images. The arrows which should allow cycling <- -> do not indicate additional images are available.

My directory structure resembles:

Emulation Category
.....Snap
..........x.png
.....Title
..........x.png
.....Box
..........x.png
.....Video
..........x.png
.....Cart
..........x.mp4
.....Flyer
..........x.png

Does it matter that the images are named identically -- the folder defines what type of image they are?
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 pm

the rom or game name should match (not entirely example: mario.nes , image could be like marioxx.jpg or whatever as long as it have same caracter set "here mario" or same caracter set + symbols)
auto image detector should work fine and detect all your snap or image even if they're located in individual location ,it work to attach each rom with proper related snap or cover ,manual info....)for image each rom will attached with one snap,then after that you can assign extra image or snap to each rom
right click on console then select "detect snapshot"
hope this help
check our guide here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
throwingmuse
new guy
throwingmuse

PostSubject: Re: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:55 pm

I am not sure if you misunderstood my post or I misunderstood your response.

Here is what I am trying to do:

How do you display additional images for an emulator category? Eo412

I have three different images for each Atari 2600 game. Snapshots are in the Snap folder. Title screens are the in Title folder. Cartridge images are in the Cart folder. When I do this, EO does not allow me to view the Title or Cart images. It only displays the Snap images. The cycle image button does not recognize the additional images:

How do you display additional images for an emulator category? Eo710

Detect Snapshots does not seem to identify the additional images. Should I not be able to select the <- or -> to show each of the three images for the Atari 2600 game?

I should point out, I do not want to have to select the + icon and add individual images for each game. This would take too long. I would think that the program should be able to load more than one image for a game during setup.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:52 am

We
throwingmuse wrote:
I am not sure if you misunderstood my post or I misunderstood your response.

Here is what I am trying to do:

How do you display additional images for an emulator category? Eyou'reo412

I have three different images for each Atari 2600 game. Snapshots are in the Snap folder. Title screens are the in Title folder. Cartridge images are in the Cart folder. When I do this, EO does not allow me to view the Title or Cart images. It only displays the Snap images. The cycle image button does not recognize the additional images:

How do you display additional images for an emulator category? Eo710

Detect Snapshots does not seem to identify the additional images. Should I not be able to select the <- or -> to show each of the three images for the Atari 2600 game?

I should point out, I do not want to have to select the
+ icon and add individual images for each game. This would take too long. I would think that the program should be able to load more than one image for a game during setup.

Eo will looking for each Rom and try to detect best one matching snap or image for it,then it will continue to next Rom,your image folders will be agnored except 1st one which is here snap folder cause it contain matched Rom images and that what eo always looking for
You point to great idea.me and my bro have discuse about detecting multi image for each rom but we delay it for futuere release.unfortunatily we miss this one and almost forgot about implementing it.yesterday we planed to submit new revision as I found some minor bugs in new conf editor.so expect to see this feature soon
Back to top Go down
throwingmuse
new guy
throwingmuse

PostSubject: Re: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:38 am

Are you familiar with the Emumovies project? It is a site which houses a collection of media content for emulated systems. The base directory structure for any system generally contains these categories:

Advert
Box
Cart
Manual
Music
Snap
Title

and to support the Hyperspin 2.0 project, the following video categories:

Video_MP4
Video_MP4_Hi_Qua

Some systems have more categories, some have less. The point is, your frontend would be a fantastic way to manage the media content for an Emumovies setup. If you were to support the categories listed above, it would make it easier for someone to manage their content. You should check out Emumovies, and in particular, the Download Service Utility to see what is available.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:01 am

Emumovies is awesom project,never heard of it befor,it will be desaster if eo not able to manage and handle this huge resource,we re going to implement way to do that by adding new tab and new methods
thank y for the idea and I m goig to check what downlod service offer soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you display additional images for an emulator category?   How do you display additional images for an emulator category? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you display additional images for an emulator category?
Page 1 of 1