Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arcade ROM Renaming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
throwingmuse
new guy
throwingmuse

Arcade ROM Renaming Empty
PostSubject: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:21 am

How do you rename roms which are stored as .zip files? For example, Sega Model 2 games and MAME games are stored in .zip files. When adding the roms to EO, you specify .zip as the extension and EO adds them correctly. However, I want the display name to be something like Behind Enemy Lines rather than bel.

bel.zip = Behind Enemy Lines

I tried the rename option, F2, but EO doesn't allow me to rename .zip files. Can this be changed to properly display the name of arcade-like emulators?
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:45 am

There are two rename command rename and real rename.'both can be accesed by right clicking at Rom'if you re looking ro rename all your set with eo,go to tool menu,eo currently support no intro dat set ,if Rom hash match the one in no intro dat then eo will rename not the real Rom file but the Rom in the list then you can apply the name to real Rom by apply name command in tool menu.example: Mario.zip hash is 123321jd and match the one inside no intro NES dat whish has name of super Mario bros,the name will appalled,I can't find mame dat on no intro site so for mame we may support clrmame dat file in next release for renaming purpose
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
throwingmuse
new guy
throwingmuse

PostSubject: Re: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:20 pm

I understand how your hash check would work for a single rom in a .zip file, but most arcade games stored in .zip files are made up of several parts.

For example, Donkey Kong in MAME is stored as dkong.zip. The file dkong.zip has the following parts:

c-2j.bpr
c-2k.bpr
c_5at_g.bin
c_5bt_g.bin
c_5ct_g.bin
c_5et_g.bin
l_4m_b.bin
l_4n_b.bin
l_4r_b.bin
l_4s_b.bin
s_3i_b.bin
s_3j_b.bin
v-5e.bpr
v_3pt.bin
v_5h_b.bin

So, a single hash check would not work. I suspect this is what is not allowing me to rename the rom using F2 in EO. Again, I don't want to change the real filename -- I only want to change the display name.

As you are surely aware, there are many emulated systems which use .zip roms consisting of more than one file:

Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
MAME
Sega Naomi
ZiNc

Could EO be modified to allow the changing of the display name without performing a hash check on the files within the .zip file?
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:50 pm

throwingmuse wrote:

c-2j.bpr
c-2k.bpr
c_5at_g.bin
c_5bt_g.bin
c_5ct_g.bin
c_5et_g.bin
l_4m_b.bin
l_4n_b.bin
l_4r_b.bin
l_4s_b.bin
s_3i_b.bin
s_3j_b.bin
v-5e.bpr
v_3pt.bin
v_5h_b.bin

So, a single hash check would not work. I suspect this is what is not allowing me to rename the rom using F2 in EO. Again, I don't want to change the real filename -- I only want to change the display name.

As you are surely aware, there are many emulated systems which use .zip roms consisting of more than one file:

Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
MAME
Sega Naomi
ZiNc

Could EO be modified to allow the changing of the display name without performing a hash check on the files within the .zip file?
I know eo still to support this next release
by right clicking on single rom and choosing rename eo will not check any thing,it will immediately rename the game (not the real file name) even if it compressed or not
hash checked only when you choose get name from database located in tool menu and it will rename the displayed name not the real file name,then you can apply names to real file by apply names to files located in edit menu,the only problem it will check the whole file hash for now so rom like above will not be detected
As I said previously we will support clrmamepro dat file which is specified in dealing with mame rom,so we can check multi file hash inside zipped rom
we re sorry that there is no respected guide yet as we don't have big team just me and my bro do all the work if you know any one has some time to write some guide it will be awesome
Back to top Go down
throwingmuse
new guy
throwingmuse

PostSubject: Re: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Do you need someone to assist with this project? Your front end is the closest I've found to my vision for what an organizer should do: it's quick, fairly easy to setup, and allows a global view of media content status. I still use Hyperspin and other launchers to start my games, though. I know EO can also do this, but I see my use of EO primarily as a library editor to maintain and administer content. If you make EO easy, stable, and informative, it could easily fill a place in the crowded front-end field. If you try to make it do everything, it probably will not.

Anyway, if you'd like some assistance with the tool, let me know. I am a software developer, but not historically on Windows: mostly Java/HTML/JavaScript/VB. I also have experience with user interface design and principles.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the project written using c# which I think is very close to java and vb (never programming in both lol) but need some time to perfect,or you can modify the interface and submit the source and that need visual studio

It will be awesome to write some review and invite people so the project grow faster,my english bad and I merely write the doc (help file) many people still don't know about the project after many year of development
Thank you for commenting,it help alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcade ROM Renaming   Arcade ROM Renaming Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcade ROM Renaming
Page 1 of 1