Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using RetroArch with EO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oden
new guy

Using RetroArch with EO Empty
PostSubject: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 am

Does anyone use RetroArch with EO and if so, what commandlines did you use to get it working to just launch the game?
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:29 am

I tried RetroArch with a snes game just now.

I had to first download the bsnes core using the retroarch-phoenix gui, then point to this core (libretro-092-bsnes-performance-x86_64.dll) in the libretro path. After that the game ran from EO using the default commandline.

I'm not sure if there is a commandline to select which libretro core to use. So far I can only change the core in the phoenix gui.

Okay, I think I got it...

commandline is:

Code:
-L libretro-git-bnes-x86_64 <rompath>

So use the "-L" switch and then the name of the core.

-D detaches the console window
-f for fullscreen

there are others.
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:28 am

Thank you, I'll test this function out later tomorrow evening when I get off work.
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Again, thank you for the help Bigby!

I have a few more questions. Where did you find the commandline options for RetroArch? I've checked there website / forums but couldn't locate a list of the commands that are available.

I opened retroarch-phoenix.exe and pointed the config, exe, & libretro path to the correct locations as can be seen in the image below

Using RetroArch with EO 2hpt9i1

When I add retroarch-phoenix.exe as an emulator to EO and leave the command lines at their default perimeters the rom is feed into the config file path and the libreto core path is changed empty as can be seen in the image below.

Using RetroArch with EO Dz63c

What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Oh, I should have said that I added retroarch.exe to EO, not retroarch-phoenix.exe.

If you run the retroarch.exe from a command prompt, it will list all the commands that you can use.

Last edited by Bigby on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Lol that worked, thank you very much.

As for using command lines in EO I haven't really done that before. I would like to gain a better understanding of how this works because I would like use RetroArch for the Genesis as well as the SNES. So if I last played a SNES game on RetroArch and the last loaded core was libretro-git-bnes-x86_64 I would then need to switch it to the Genesis core i.e. libretro-git-genplus-x86_64, but instead of manually doing that I can run a command line through EO to make RetroArch do that for me automatically if I'm launching a game from my genesis collection... correct?

If so (based on your previous post) I assume the correct command line would be

Code:
-L libretro-git-genplus-x86_64 <rompath>

If that's correct, would I edit the
Code:
<default> (<rompath>)
command or just add a new command before / after the default command?

Also what does "-D detaches the console window" mean?

*EDIT* Lastly for anyone else interested, here are the command line options from RetroArch.
Code:
===================================================================
RetroArch: Frontend for libretro -- v0.9.8 --

Compiler: MinGW (4.7.1) 64-bit
Built: Jan 25 2013
===================================================================
Usage: retroarch [rom file] [options...]
        -h/--help: Show this help message.
        --features: Prints available features compiled into RetroArch.
        -s/--save: Path for save file (*.srm). Required when rom is input from stdin.
        -f/--fullscreen: Start RetroArch in fullscreen regardless of config settings.
        -S/--savestate: Path to use for save states. If not selected, *.state will be assumed.
        -c/--config: Path for config file.
                Defaults to retroarch.cfg in same directory as retroarch.exe.
        --appendconfig: Extra config files are loaded in, and take priority over config selected in -c (or default).
                Multiple configs are delimited by ','.
        -L/--libretro: Path to libretro implementation. Overrides any config setting.
        -g/--gameboy: Path to Gameboy ROM. Load SuperGameBoy as the regular rom.

-b/--bsx: Path to BSX rom. Load BSX BIOS as the regular rom.
        -B/--bsxslot: Path to BSX slotted rom. Load BSX BIOS as the regular rom.

--sufamiA: Path to A slot of Sufami Turbo. Load Sufami base cart as regular rom.
        --sufamiB: Path to B slot of Sufami Turbo.
        -N/--nodevice: Disconnects controller device connected to port (1 to 8).

-A/--dualanalog: Connect a DualAnalog controller to port (1 to 8).
        -m/--mouse: Connect a mouse into port of the device (1 to 8).
        -p/--scope: Connect a virtual SuperScope into port 2. (SNES specific).
        -j/--justifier: Connect a virtual Konami Justifier into port 2. (SNES specific).
        -J/--justifiers: Daisy chain two virtual Konami Justifiers into port 2. (SNES specific).
        -4/--multitap: Connect a SNES multitap to port 2. (SNES specific).
        -P/--bsvplay: Playback a BSV movie file.
        -R/--bsvrecord: Start recording a BSV movie file from the beginning.
        -M/--sram-mode: Takes an argument telling how SRAM should be handled inthe session.
                {no,}load-{no,}save describes if SRAM should be loaded, and if SRAM should be saved.
                Do note that noload-save implies that save files will be deleted and overwritten.
        -H/--host: Host netplay as player 1.
        -C/--connect: Connect to netplay as player 2.
        --port: Port used to netplay. Default is 55435.
        -F/--frames: Sync frames when using netplay.
        --spectate: Netplay will become spectating mode.
                Host can live stream the game content to players that connect.
                However, the client will not be able to play. Multiple clients can connect to the host.
        --nick: Picks a nickname for use with netplay. Not mandatory.
        --command: Sends a command over UDP to an already running RetroArch process.
                Available commands are listed if command is invalid.
        -r/--record: Path to record video file.
                Using .mkv extension is recommended.
        --recordconfig: Path to settings used during recording.
        --size: Overrides output video size when recording with FFmpeg (format:WIDTHxHEIGHT).
        -v/--verbose: Verbose logging.
        -U/--ups: Specifies path for UPS patch that will be applied to ROM.
        --bps: Specifies path for BPS patch that will be applied to ROM.
        --ips: Specifies path for IPS patch that will be applied to ROM.
        --no-patch: Disables all forms of rom patching.
        -X/--xml: Specifies path to XML memory map.
        -D/--detach: Detach RetroArch from the running console. Not relevant for all platforms.
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Yes, that commandline should work.

Like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The "-D" command is to hide the extra window that appears alongside the main retroarch window.
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm

That's awesome!

Thank you for the screen shot example and everything works as you indicated. The -d command is also very useful as I don't need to see that extra unnecessary window. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm

I updated retroarch to the latest git build v1.0.0.2-2014-09-04 Compiler: MinGW (4.9.1) 64-bit Built: Sep 4 2014 and it no longer seems to be working in EO.

I pulled up the commandlines in the command prompt window and they are still the same so I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm still using

Code:
-D
-L
cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro

The only difference from last time is that the cores were put in a folder labeled cores so I added cores\ to the commandline before the name of the core i.e. genesis_plus_gx_libretro

Also here is a download link to the version of the emulator I'm using - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Code:
======================================================================
RetroArch: Frontend for libretro -- v1.0.0.2-2014-09-04 -- 7f34615 --

Compiler: MinGW (4.9.1) 64-bit                   Built: Sep  4 2014
======================================================================
Usage: retroarch [content file] [options...]
        -h/--help: Show this help message.
        --menu: Do not require content or libretro core to be loaded, starts directly in menu.
                If no arguments are passed to RetroArch, it is equivalent to using --menu as only argument.
        --features: Prints available features compiled into RetroArch.
        -s/--save: Path for save file (*.srm).
        -f/--fullscreen: Start RetroArch in fullscreen regardless of config settings.
        -S/--savestate: Path to use for save states. If not selected, *.state will be assumed.
        -c/--config: Path for config file.
                Defaults to retroarch.cfg in same directory as retroarch.exe.
                If a default config is not found, RetroArch will attempt to create one.
        --appendconfig: Extra config files are loaded in, and take priority over config selected in -c (or default).
                Multiple configs are delimited by ','.
        -L/--libretro: Path to libretro implementation. Overrides any config setting.
        --subsystem: Use a subsystem of the libretro core. Multiple content files are loaded as multiple arguments.
                If a content file is skipped, use a blank ("") command line argument
                Content must be loaded in an order which depends on the particular subsystem used.
                See verbose log output to learn how a particular subsystem wants content to be loaded.
        -N/--nodevice: Disconnects controller device connected to port (1 to 16).
        -A/--dualanalog: Connect a DualAnalog controller to port (1 to 16).
        -d/--device: Connect a generic device into port of the device (1 to 16).

Format is port:ID, where ID is an unsigned number corresponding to the particular device.

-P/--bsvplay: Playback a BSV movie file.
        -R/--bsvrecord: Start recording a BSV movie file from the beginning.
        -M/--sram-mode: Takes an argument telling how SRAM should be handled in the session.
                {no,}load-{no,}save describes if SRAM should be loaded, and if SRAM should be saved.
                Do note that noload-save implies that save files will be deleted and overwritten.
        -H/--host: Host netplay as player 1.
        -C/--connect: Connect to netplay as player 2.
        --port: Port used to netplay. Default is 55435.
        -F/--frames: Sync frames when using netplay.
        --spectate: Netplay will become spectating mode.
                Host can live stream the game content to players that connect.
                However, the client will not be able to play. Multiple clients can connect to the host.
        --nick: Picks a username (for use with netplay). Not mandatory.
        --command: Sends a command over UDP to an already running RetroArch process.
                Available commands are listed if command is invalid.
        -z/--carchive: Path to a compressed container containing the main content file.
                The main content file has to be specified as a subfile, for example like this:
                 ./retroarch -Lmylib.so -z myfile.7z myfile.7z/myrom.rom .
        -r/--record: Path to record video file.
                Using .mkv extension is recommended.
        --recordconfig: Path to settings used during recording.
        --size: Overrides output video size when recording (format: WIDTHxHEIGHT).
        -v/--verbose: Verbose logging.
        -U/--ups: Specifies path for UPS patch that will be applied to content.
        --bps: Specifies path for BPS patch that will be applied to content.
        --ips: Specifies path for IPS patch that will be applied to content.
        --no-patch: Disables all forms of content patching.
        -D/--detach: Detach RetroArch from the running console. Not relevant for all platforms.
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

I cannot get this to work in EO either.

If I run it via command prompt like this, it works.

Code:
retroarch -D -L cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro "R:\Roms\Console\Sega Mega Drive - Genesis\Aerobiz (USA).zip"

If I leave the file extension out (.zip) it does not work. In EO the commandline line "RomPath" is used.

Does this include the file extension ?

(I've also tried using "RomName", but this does not work either)
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello,
I think the commandlines problem with RetroArch is fixed now, please visit this thread for more details:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 pm

The commandlines you're using is right, the problem was with EO that it was make all commandlines goes to emulator in small case, this causes problems with emulators that require case sensitive commands like RetroArch. Example:
This command
-L
Was send to emulator like this:
-l
And that WAS WRONG with RetroArch emu, 'cause RetroArch requires case sensitive commands, so -L is different from -l and -l will not work.
We made a hot-fix for this problem (version 6.3.19 [http://sourceforge.net/p/emusorganizer/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Releases/]) and now it should work fine !

Sorry for my English
Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:01 am

I really like retroarch because of the number of console it emulates plus it's the only Sega Genesis emulator that will run Pier Solar, Beggar Prince, and a few other newer sega genesis games.

Thanks for the update! I tested the hot fix and it works great!

I placed my cores in a folder labeled "cores" so they don't clutter up the main emulator folder. The command line's I'm using are listed below.

Code:
-D -L cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll <rompath>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using RetroArch with EO   Using RetroArch with EO Empty

Back to top Go down

Using RetroArch with EO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emulator Organizer Forum :: Emulators And Tools :: Emulator Organizer-
Jump to: