Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to mount an image in EO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oden
new guy

How to mount an image in EO Empty
PostSubject: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 am

This is probably a stupid question that I'm over looking but how do you mount an image in EO using DAEMON Tools or WinCDEmu?

I've run into a problem with Lemmings Revolution for the PC. I installed the game on my computer but in order for it to run, the game requires the disk to be loaded prior to opening the game EXE. If I mount the image myself it will load but I was wondering if EO had an option to mount the disc then run the EXE?

I'll need to know this for other games that require images to be mounted so if anyone can help I would appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 pm

And with the launch before/after command for this game, maybe it can work.

Launch Before:
-mount scsi, 0,

Launch After:
-unmount scsi, 0

After that, double click on your .Exe or .lnk (if you have created a link to your executable game file), and...tell me if it's a good solution. ;-)

Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 am

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. I added -mount scsi, 0 to the command line before < default >< RomPath > then I added -unmount scsi, 0 after it.

Just some background information in case it helps. This game runs in windows so it doesn't require an emulator.

The launch executable is located at:
I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Systems\PC\Lemmings Revolution\Game\Lemmings Revolution.exe

The Disc Image is located at:
I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Systems\PC\Lemmings Revolution\Game\Lemmings Revolution.mds

Also, using the command lines you suggested, how will EO know what disc image to load and where the disc image is located at?
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Maybe theses solutions:
-using a batch files, as this exemple for GameEx front end, but useful for EO too: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-using no-cd patch

Sorry, I don't have yet pc games installed on my computer to test these methods.
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you for the suggestion but I couldn't get the code working using the link you provided.

Someone on another forum was able to provide a bat file that mostly automates the process

This is what they came up with:
Code:
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable\DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v5.2.0.0348\DTPro.exe" -mount dt,0,"I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Systems\PC\Lemmings Revolution\Game\Lemmings Revolution.mds"
ping -n 5 -w 1000 0.0.0.0 > NUL
cd /D "I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Systems\PC\Lemmings Revolution\Game"
"Lemmings Revolution.exe"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable\DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v5.2.0.0348\DTPro.exe" -unmount dt, 0

When I click on the batch file, it will automatically load the DAEMON Tools software, however it won't automatically load the Lemmings Revolution.mds file. I have to manually load the image then close DAEMON Tools Pro. After I do that, the bat file automatically loads the Lemmings Revolution executable and everything works.

The only problems I'm still encountering are :

1. It's not automatically loading the Lemmings Revolution.mds file. According to the documentation, it should work though.

2. The unmounting command behaves like the mounting command and only opens the DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced software which allows me to unmount the image manually but I was hoping to automate the process through the bat file.

Does anyone recommend software other than DAEMON Tools to mount images from bat files? If so whats the name of the software and what makes it better than DAEMON Tools?
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:42 pm

You can try Virtual Clone Drive, PowerISO or Alcohol 120%. The first one is a freeware, the others are not free, but you can download trial versions.

By the way, I give you another link where the batch code is different from yours: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:23 am

Thanks for the additional link. I figured out what the issue was. Apparently, I was using the wrong exe for DAEMON Tools Pro command line application. It should have been DTAgent.exe vs DTPro.exe.

It works perfectly now so here is the finished bat file in case anyone wants to use it as a template for a game that requires a mounted disc. Keep the following in mind though that this bat file is for DAEMON Tools Pro, if you are using DAEMON Tools Lite you will need to change DTAgent.exe to DTLite.exe.

Code:
@echo off
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable\DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v5.2.0.0348\DTAgent.exe" -mount dt, 0,"I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Systems\PC\Lemmings Revolution\Game\Lemmings Revolution.mds"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable\DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v5.2.0.0348\DTAgent.exe" -unmount dt, 0
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Glad to see that it works! This batch code will be very useful for the EO community. cheers
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:59 am

I updated the bat file to include an unmount command before and after the image is loaded in case someone accidentally manually mounted a disc and forgot to unmount it before running the bat file. This should be the final version.

Code:
@echo off
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable\DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v5.2.0.0348\DTAgent.exe" -unmount dt, 0
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Portable\DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced v5.2.0.0348\DTAgent.exe" -mount dt, 0,"I:\Emulator Organizer\Files\Systems\PC\Lemmings Revolution\Game\Lemmings Revolution.mds"
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:26 pm

HI
in new update we 'll add new function to deal with disk based game
stay tuned
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to mount an image in EO   How to mount an image in EO Empty

Back to top Go down

How to mount an image in EO
Page 1 of 1