Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Version 6.3.17 is out !!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

Version 6.3.17 is out !! Empty
PostSubject: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:39 am

Version 6.3.17 is out !
What's new in this version ?

* Added: new categories system, ability to organize categories in folders.
* Added: ability to import Catveren Database file (for categories only)
* Added: new options "Turbo speed" for all database file import dialogs and "Cache on disk" for some.
* Added: new button in the Tabs section of the console properties window, allows to reset layout of the tabs.
* Added: ability to hide/show the main menu, toolsbar and status strip.
* Added: ability to hide/show the close buttons on tabs via main menu.
* Added: ability to change main menu text color in style editor (styles now support main menu text color).
* Added: context menu to the media tab; new options also added to media tabs like show/hide player controls.
* Added: context menu and the ability to hide the toolstrip for these tabs: info text, links, manuals (pdf ebook), score/reviews and youtube.
* Added: new options in the settings for tabs visual (allow to edit tab settings like show/hide close buttons).
* Fixed: bug when deleting an information container, blank tab stand still in the tabs browser which make errors.
* Fixed: roms list view was never remember thumbnails zoom value.
* Fixed: the style's listview text color never applied on Thumbnails mode.
* Fixed: bug when loading a style in a pc with screen resulotion smaller than the pc when the style created.

For download and more info, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Please visit the files page if the main page doesn't show the latest file.
Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 am

Some notes about the new features:

* New categories system: now EO is able to store categories in new system, it's work like this:
If you add the name of the category (in the categories edit in rom properties window or in categories multi-edit window) then the category appears normally.
But if you use "/" in the category name, you'll be able to make a category folders !
Example:
Adding these names:
Action/Shooter
Action/First Person
Sport/Baseball
Sport/Soccer
Adventure

Will be appeared like this in the Categories browser:
Action (folder)
-Shooter
-First Person
Sport (folder)
-Baseball
-Soccer
Adventure (normal category)

Note that you can make one level of folders, if you add "Action/Shooter/blah blah" EO will make it like this:
Action
-Shooter/blah blah
In other words, don't add '/' more than once in the category name.
Also, the folder itself can be a category, example:
Action/First Person
Action

When you select action, all roms include "Action" as a category will be shown.

* Turbo speed: this feature was in EO 5 and was removed in EO 6. It's simple: when EO compare roms (whne importing database file), and if a rom matched an entry in the database :
this matched entry will be removed if "Turbo speed" is on otherwise this matched entry remain and can be used by other roms (in the search cue)
Removing an entry from the database (in the memory) will make things faster since the possibilities will be reduced.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, make requests and suggestions. We'll reply as soon as we able.
Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Thank you for releasing this new version, I appreciate it! Just wanted to check on a few things before I'm able to test it this weekend.

Disc Based Systems:

If I'm adding a disc based game that has multiple files (bin/cue or ISO/cue/mp4) would I need to select the "Extract all files" option under "Console Properties -> Archives -> Extract all files" to have the game function properly under an emulator? I haven't messed with too many disc based system but wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Rom Categories:

How many categories can each rom be placed in e.g. what if a rom belongs to all three of these groups listed below, can this game be in all three or is the category system restricted to one category per game?
- Action/Adventure
- Action/Platformer
- Role-Playing/Turn-based

Also, when adding a category to a game, is the game moved to another folder or is the category system handled in the database file?
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:49 am

oden wrote:
Thank you for releasing this new version, I appreciate it! Just wanted to check on a few things before I'm able to test it this weekend.

Disc Based Systems:

If I'm adding a disc based game that has multiple files (bin/cue or ISO/cue/mp4) would I need to select the "Extract all files" option under "Console Properties -> Archives -> Extract all files" to have the game function properly under an emulator? I haven't messed with too many disc based system but wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Rom Categories:

How many categories can each rom be placed in e.g. what if a rom belongs to all three of these groups listed below, can this game be in all three or is the category system restricted to one category per game?
- Action/Adventure
- Action/Platformer
- Role-Playing/Turn-based

Also, when adding a category to a game, is the game moved to another folder or is the category system handled in the database file?
Hello,
About the Disc Based Systems, if the emulator require all image files located next to each other (.bin and .cue) then select Extract all archive files. Now if the emulator only require the target file as commandline, then you select the file via the window that pop up, in other words:
* Active: "Extract rom first if archive"
* Select: "Extract all files" from "How to extract" section
Now, any rom you open, the archive window pop up (if the rom is archive and include image files), then you select the desired one (or needed by emulator). After that, EO will extract all the files of that file into temp folder and then send THE SELECTED FILE as a commandline into the emulator. I don't think there's any emulator require all image files as commandlines but need these files located together....

About the categories system, it work simply by adding string tags into each rom ... for example, select a rom then add the categories you like then it's just like giving that rom flags of these categories. When a rom share other rom category it's simply both roms have the same tag (or category flag, a name !).
We just modified the categories system to be able to accept "/" sign, when included in the category name, it will be considered as folder and category inside that folder.
All done inside the database, nothing will ever affect anything in the profile since we are dealing with flags or virtual names. When a problem occur, just remove these names and everything should return to normal.
So, adding "Action/Shooter" as a category you just add a "string name". Later on roms browsing, EO will decode these names and converting them to items (folders ad categories).

Hope this help Smile

Last edited by AHD on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My bad English spelling :/)
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Thank you for the information AHD.

To be honest, I thought the Category system was new, I never knew EO had that type of functionality. After testing it out... I'm really impressed, it works great.

I only have one suggestion though, it looks like the categories aren't sortable, instead it looks like each time you add a new category it will just be displayed below the ones that are already present (see image below). Could you either add an option to sort them manually or have EO automatically auto sort the categories alpha numerically? I think it's easier to find what you are looking for on a list that is sorted e.g. 1992 -> 1993 -> 1994 -> 1995 etc. Thanks again!

Version 6.3.17 is out !! Vorc08
Back to top Go down
Aldirt
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:38 am

Hi AHD,

thank you for the new version. I have 2 - 3 little wishes.

1. Is it possible to make the Slider-position in the "Rom-Info Tab" save.

2. I`m missing the "Zoom-Option" in the media tab.

3. A Repeat function would be nice in the media tab for short videos.

And a Scanner option for icons (e.g Mame) would make things easier.

Version 6.3.17 is out !! Unbena10
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you all for your comments and we hope you like our latest release
We `ll update the category function by time and we might add new database type for these category so we can export/import these new DAT and ''ll support sub category ''shooter/advanced/fps....''
Nes file ROM has header and the database like no intro or nes cart have CRC for the ROM without the header in previous version of eo it take about 1 to 1.5 hour if you have all nes ROM in 7z ,now it take less than 10 minutes ,you need to activate turpo speed and cash on disk
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:58 am

Happy new year and merry Christmas santa
I have chance to try retroarch and I should say I like this multi emulator platform, actually there is small glitch that prevent it from working when eo pass the command lines and we re going to release small fix to make it work
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
emuman
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 3:00 pm

santa Happy new year my Comrades!

First I thank the work that has been developed and implemented with the EO, it really is a huge contribution to the scene of the world's emulation!

I'm testing the EO v6.3.17 and can tell you that the software is superb, loved the choice of categories and the long awaited multi ISO's load option, is working perfectly here with me, I tested PS1, Dreamcast, PC-FX and Sega CD!

The only point that I realized something strange was in the one on EO some ROMs / ISOs, I will give some examples to facilitate, as follows:

This is my way to the ISO's Phillips 3DO: Y: \ Console \ 3DO Interactive Multiplayer \ ISO \ Games \

This is the correct name of the ISO on my HD:
Sid Meier's C.P.U. Bach (1994) (MicroProse) (US) [!]. 7z

And in EO the name looks like this:
Sid Meier's C.P.U

Another example:
Toon Time ... In the Classroom (1994) (VideoactV) (US) [!]. 7z

Toon Time ..

Last example:
EMIT Vol. 1 - Toki no Maigo (1995) (KOEI) (JP) 7z [!].

EMIT Vol

This happens in about 10% of the collection, did the actions below to see if solved, more to no avail:

-Reload the path of ISO's
-Test Files with wrong names (unzipping, test, etc)

Smile Well hope to have helped, a big hug and lots of PEACE and EMULATION in 2015, hugs!
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:26 am

Croser wrote:
Happy new year and merry Christmas santa
I have chance to try retroarch and I should say I like this multi emulator platform, actually there is small glitch that prevent it from working when eo pass the command lines and we re going to release small fix to make it work

Glad to hear you will be releasing a small fix because I still can't use retroarch but would love to have it working in EO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Version 6.3.17 is out !!   Version 6.3.17 is out !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Version 6.3.17 is out !!
Page 1 of 1