Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her

Go down 
+23
Dimsokme
viritys
gadesx
almmiron
alexis524
emuman
Hellboy.
Slater711
GrosDams
Bigby
logan5
oden
Don Django
Aldirt
Naithinus
mgtroyas
sachiebear
bundangdon
Edvard
will_oli
Gens
cid67
Slimmmmmm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Croser
Admin
Croser

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 am

simply play any game,the play time and played game updated immediately,so when you close the emulator you should see "played times x" "play time xx:xx:xx"
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 pm

No error is reported when PDF reader is unable to initialize. Windows Event Viewer doesn't show any either, but then in a minute EO responds again. While "hanged" EO still plays videos, etc.

I uninstalled it and installed latest Reader XI and now it works like a charm. So seems it was my Reader installation.
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Suggestion #1: when adding media folders to a console, it was very useful that file browser window remembered the last opened folder, as "snapshots" usually are in the same folder than "videos" etc. It's very tedious having to browse all the directory structure every time (I don't have the media as subfolders of EO, but as a separate tree).

Suggestion #2: "Filter by" toolbar should be moveable, to put it at the right side of the main toolbar if the screen width is enought, and so gain extra vertical room for games list. Also could be disableable via "View" menu option, for users not using it.
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Also I've tried importing the .ini fles created by Tempest (on Emumovies downloads) but only half the games are populated with info. Have you tested this to some point? What should be edited (perhaps on the .ini itself) to make it work completely?
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello, and thank you for this great software! cheers
1.Just some thing a little bit strange, I use a french Windows 7 64bits Family Edition, Azerty keyboard, but when I write something in EO, keyboard as recognized as Qwerty!

2.Another thing, EO can't recognized my special command lines. For exemple, to launch games with WinApe for Amstrad CPC emulator, with EO 4.6, I used this command: "RomPath A/" (automaticaly run program is enabled). Any idea?

3.I found a solution for blurred images, just convert them into PNG format, and it's work!!! Smile

That's all for now, and sorry for possible errors about my english level! ^^
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Quote :
3.I found a solution for blurred images, just convert them into PNG format, and it's work!!! Smile

If that's the case it may be a good idea to have EO automatically convert images to PNG when adding snapshots so users don't even have to worry about doing anything special.
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Yesterday I was playing Ankokou Shinwa translated version and I finished it, but the "Playing Time" remains at 00:00:00 altough "Played times" says 4 times.

Here is a screenshot just in case lol

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 Dibujo
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello and welcome in our forum
to be honest with you,I have never heard about Azerty or Qwerty before,now I have an idea of both,we may support such keyboard layout in future release
special command line is different from emulator to emulator,example:I have nestopia and virtualnes,I can assign special command line for super mario work only with nestopia
Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 Snap212
so to activate special command line for game,check "use special command line for selected emulator" in rom property under special command line and select your designer emulator
no need to sorry,and welcome any time
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Edvard wrote:
Yesterday I was playing Ankokou Shinwa translated version and I finished it, but the "Playing Time" remains at 00:00:00 altough "Played times" says 4 times.

Here is a screenshot just in case lol

Hello,

In order to make the play time timer count, you should enable the option "Auto minimize the program when i start a game ..." in general category in the settings.
This option is required (and should not lol, it's a bug Very Happy).

About the blurred images, changing image type should have no effect on image view, however EO will perform a blurred image when zooming and stretching.
For example, your image is 200 * 200 and the tab size is only 200 * 100, the image will get stretched so it will get blurred due to .net thumbnail get method.
Otherwise if the tab size is 250 * 250 (larger than image) and the draw mode is not forcing the stretch (like "Stretch To Fit") then image will be drawn in normal size with NO STRETCH, no blur in this case.
Same thing for zooming (in normal view mode), the image get blurred when zooming in, blur disapear when image return to it's orirginal size.
Not sure if the blur effect can be removed on stretch or zoom due to it depends on .net get thumbnail method. I'll check it out study
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 pm

mgtroyas wrote:
Suggestion #1: when adding media folders to a console, it was very useful that file browser window remembered the last opened folder, as "snapshots" usually are in the same folder than "videos" etc. It's very tedious having to browse all the directory structure every time (I don't have the media as subfolders of EO, but as a separate tree).

Suggestion #2: "Filter by" toolbar should be moveable, to put it at the right side of the main toolbar if the screen width is enought, and so gain extra vertical room for games list. Also could be disableable via "View" menu option, for users not using it.

Nice ideas, it will be on the next version Wink
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I tried the method of converting the jpg image to png (in this case a cover that I show you before) and the blurred effect disappeared haha. I only have problems like this with some covers, not with in game images or title screens
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 pm

mgtroyas wrote:
Also I've tried importing the .ini fles created by Tempest (on Emumovies downloads) but only half the games are populated with info. Have you tested this to some point? What should be edited (perhaps on the .ini itself) to make it work completely?
yes I 've tested well,check this,open nes ini file and check
[1999: Hore, Mita koto ka! Seikimatsu]
I have nes goodnes pack and the real name of the game is : 1999 - Hore, Mitakotoka! Seikimatsu,other game like [8 Eyes] has 8 Eyes names pls Goodname=8 Eyes
NoIntro=8 Eyes
Tosec=8 Eyes
ini file has no crc or hash code,so EO will look for files name and compare it to names inside ini file one by one,if not inside bracket "[]" then it should be in "Goodname",not either in both it 'll look in NoIntro, Tosec
so I suggest you to edit name in ini file,it may take long,but yo'll get compatible list
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Ok, I found the solution about my command lines, I changed (for WinApe) RomPath A/ into RomPath /A and it works!!! ^^ About the Qwerty keyboard, I think that the problem is link with the language that EO uses. I change in arabic language, and the keyboard is in Azerty. Change the language in english, and the keyboard is in Qwerty.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm

great,we'll find the solution for it,it is something in .net somewhere
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Don Django wrote:
About the Qwerty keyboard, I think that the problem is link with the language that EO uses. I change in arabic language, and the keyboard is in Azerty. Change the language in english, and the keyboard is in Qwerty.

I've detected when executing EO, "Language bar" icon in windows 7 taskbar changes from "ES España" (the locale I use system-wide) to "EN (USA)". So when I write text inside EO it uses the US keyboard. I must click the Language bar icon to change to "ES" and then I have my spanish keyboard again.

But if I close EO and open it again, it's in EN locale again. I was in doubt because I changed it to EN once during testing, and thought I had messed it up.

Could you tell us if when you open EO your language bar icon changes to "EN"? (language bar can be enabled via right click in windows task bar > tool bars).
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Croser wrote:
mgtroyas wrote:
yes I 've tested well,check this,open nes ini file and check
[1999: Hore, Mita koto ka! Seikimatsu]
I have nes goodnes pack and the real name of the game is : 1999 - Hore, Mitakotoka! Seikimatsu,other game like [8 Eyes] has 8 Eyes names pls Goodname=8 Eyes
NoIntro=8 Eyes
Tosec=8 Eyes
ini file has no crc or hash code,so EO will look for files name and compare it to names inside ini file one by one,if not inside bracket "[]" then it should be in "Goodname",not either in both it 'll look in NoIntro, Tosec
so I suggest you to edit name in ini file,it may take long,but yo'll get compatible list

Mmmm I expected that. I'll think about what to do to the ini files to perfectly match the no-intro sets.
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:36 pm

AHD wrote:
In order to make the play time timer count, you should enable the option "Auto minimize the program when i start a game ..." in general category in the settings.
This option is required (and should not lol, it's a bug Very Happy).

Related to that option, EO correctly minimizes when running the game (although sometimes the video keeps playing on the video tab in parallel, some extra check should be added to stop playing media when the game is started) but when I exit the emulator, EO doesn't restore again as EO4 did.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 pm

mgtroyas wrote:
Don Django wrote:
About the Qwerty keyboard, I think that the problem is link with the language that EO uses. I change in arabic language, and the keyboard is in Azerty. Change the language in english, and the keyboard is in Qwerty.

I've detected when executing EO, "Language bar" icon in windows 7 taskbar changes from "ES España" (the locale I use system-wide) to "EN (USA)". So when I write text inside EO it uses the US keyboard. I must click the Language bar icon to change to "ES" and then I have my spanish keyboard again.

But if I close EO and open it again, it's in EN locale again. I was in doubt because I changed it to EN once during testing, and thought I had messed it up.

Could you tell us if when you open EO your language bar icon changes to "EN"? (language bar can be enabled via right click in windows task bar > tool bars).
yes we force EO to use english language ,we could tweak this soon,thanks
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 pm

I find another problem, when trying to reorder a console and press "Move up" gives an error and if I "continue" that console i was trying to move up is cleared from the list...

Here the error log:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at AHD.EO.Frm_Main.toolStripButton4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EO
    Assembly Version: 5.2.0.259
    Win32 Version: 5.2.0.259
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/EO.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
EOControls
    Assembly Version: 5.1.1.42900
    Win32 Version: 5.1.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/EOControls.DLL
EOBase
    Assembly Version: 5.0.4719.42899
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/EOBase.DLL
AHDUtilities
    Assembly Version: 1.1.4719.42085
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/AHDUtilities.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
EOControls.resources
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/en-US/EOControls.resources.DLL
EO.resources
    Win32 Version: 5.2.0.259
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/en-US/EO.resources.DLL
ecuz34sd
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
AHDForms
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4719.42085
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/AHDForms.DLL
EOBase.resources
    Assembly Version: 5.0.4719.42899
    Win32 Version: 5.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/en-US/EOBase.resources.DLL
bq1lo5wt
AxInterop.WMPLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
u5dxahf3
AxInterop.AcroPDFLib
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/AxInterop.AcroPDFLib.DLL
olvnpp3d
EOForms
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/EOForms.DLL
EOForms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/en-US/EOForms.resources.DLL
AHDForms.resources
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4719.42085
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/en-US/AHDForms.resources.DLL
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
GoogleSearchAPI
    Assembly Version: 0.4.0.133
    Win32 Version: 0.4.0.133
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/GoogleSearchAPI.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
SevenZipSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Lima/Mis%20documentos/Emulators/Emulators%20Organizer%20v5.2/SevenZipSharp.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 am

Suggestion for Tab's Manager i.e.

Current:
Top Left
Down Left
Top Right
Down Right

New labels:
Top Left
Mid Left
Bottom Left
Top Right
Mid Right
Bottom Right

So my suggestions would be to rename down to bottom as it sounds better and add a Mid option. The reason I would like to see a mid option is because I have a view similar to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I would like it to be slightly different i.e.

Top Left - Cover
Mid Left - (currently unused but others might want it for something)
Bottom Left - Info

Top Right - Videos
Mid Right - Title Screen
Bottom Right - Snap Shots
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 am

Another suggestion would be to allow the additional of a field that can contain multiple values:

Example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the Sega Genesis was developed by two companies Climax Entertainment & Sonic Co.

I know an easy solution to this problem would be to add the developer as Climax Entertainment & Sonic Co. but if I try to filter by Sonic Co for example it won't work because the filter won't realize that those are two different companies, instead it will assume that Climax Entertainment & Sonic Co. is one company.

So maybe allow the additional of multiple values if separated by a wildcard such as a comma.
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am

I was Playing Mystic Ark for SNES and I tought of trying the "Playing Time counter"

I played 3 hours or a bit more, but it shows me an unreasonable time like 173 hours or something and each time i refreshed the info it changed to 240hs etc.

here an screen capture

Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 am

Now that odean were talking of videos, it would be great if you can load videos from youtube or something in EO, like putting the video link on a list or something, that would make a less heavy database, hope someday this is implemented. Greets!
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Edvard wrote:
Now that odean were talking of videos, it would be great if you can load videos from youtube or something in EO, like putting the video link on a list or something, that would make a less heavy database, hope someday this is implemented. Greets!

Personally I've an account on Emumovies.com to get the awesome videos for my large collection of games, but I suggest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as a good source of complete videos for almost any game on any console. They're uploading all of them to Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

mgtroyas wrote:
Edvard wrote:

Personally I've an account on Emumovies.com to get the awesome videos for my large collection of games, but I suggest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as a good source of complete videos for almost any game on any console. They're uploading all of them to Youtube.

Thanks! I didn't know those sites! I saw a lot of walkthrough /full play videos on youtube lately for almost every game, so my suggestion for EO to play online videos comes from that haha
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 pm

A couple of bugs I've detected when using the new awesome search box:

1) If I have some text writen in the box, mark it all via double clicking on the text, and press delete, instead of deleting the text EO tries to delete the game selected in the games list (!) Seems the focus remains on the game list instead of changing to the search box.

2) The box doesn't search on categories, it asks you to select a console first.

Suggestion: I cannot test it right now but I think you can already search on a console and on a console group. Would be great to add an option to search on _all_ the console groups at the same time, as there's no element that act as the root of the complete tree.
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 pm

I have some minor troubles with search, like using backspace to delete some letter, press enter and EO don't search anything and says "there are no matches" I think that typing on the list to find a game it must have been implemented
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Another small graphical bug.

When I open the Consoles folder it shows the Sega 32x icon twice once in the correct spot (below the Consoles section) and once in the incorrect spot (at the top of the screen overlapping the Handhelds folder). It goes away if I re-size the program. or click on another folder.

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 111
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:28 pm

thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestion,we're working hard to fix most of remaining bugs,most of these are due to complexity of EO is now
I have counter graphic\search bug my self so fix in the way,playing video from youtube or another host site is great feature and should be come later, we'll improve existing feature like filter and search engine,another great feature is tab manager per console,so mame has it's own tab differ from nes tab
It's may take sometimes,during this time we 're looking for your feedbacks
greeting
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Croser wrote:
thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestion,we're working hard to fix most of remaining bugs,most of these are due to complexity of EO is now
If you get the bugs fixed and add the features we have gathered until now, you'll have built the most useful frontend, at least in my opinion, so of course take your time and request all the information you need.
Croser wrote:
I have counter graphic\search bug my self so fix in the way,playing video from youtube or another host site is great feature and should be come later, we'll improve existing feature like filter and search engine,another great feature is tab manager per console,so mame has it's own tab differ from nes tab
Not only for mame. Some console collections have carts, boxes and CD covers, manuals, etc available online, but other don't. Having the possibility to select which tabs to show makes it much cleaner, without unneeded empty tabs floating around.
Croser wrote:
It's may take sometimes,during this time we 're looking for your feedbacks
greeting
As said, the result is going to be great, so we'll wait. Wink
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

[quote="AHD"]
Edvard wrote:

About the blurred images, changing image type should have no effect on image view, however EO will perform a blurred image when zooming and stretching.
For example, your image is 200 * 200 and the tab size is only 200 * 100, the image will get stretched so it will get blurred due to .net thumbnail get method.
Otherwise if the tab size is 250 * 250 (larger than image) and the draw mode is not forcing the stretch (like "Stretch To Fit") then image will be drawn in normal size with NO STRETCH, no blur in this case.
Same thing for zooming (in normal view mode), the image get blurred when zooming in, blur disapear when image return to it's orirginal size.
Not sure if the blur effect can be removed on stretch or zoom due to it depends on .net get thumbnail method. I'll check it out study

I saved several images (the same one as both jpg & interlaced PNG) and in all the cases I've tested the PNG images are not blurred but the jpg are, feel free to test yourself for verification. If this solves the problem, as mentioned before it might be a good idea to have EO automatically convert images to interlaced PNG images prior to importing them unless a fix for jpg images can be implemented.
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm

This happens to me only with covers, since in game screenshots and titles are in png or gif in general (and I add "png" to the search criteria for images) I have no problem with those.

Maybe PNG is a heavy format for images 600*800 (covers)? If you choose to show covers on the list of roms and all are in png and have big dimensions maybe could slow EO
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:21 pm

so it's not zooming that make image blurred after all,I think I have to tell my bro to try to fix jpg problem and testing that,in the meantime you could convert or use PNG format instead,as he said it's bug and I think we've couldn't test this without your feedbacks(I have png images lol),convert option is not necessary after we fix image (jpg) problems,as you know you can add image via drag&drop,we could add tool to mass convert image folder to another format in the next version
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi everyone! Someone can tell me how to detect several images for a specific category? For exemple, I want to detect for Cover tab 3 or 4 folders, as "front", "back", "inlay 1", etc... I didn't find the option. Thank you in advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Don Django wrote:
Hi everyone! Someone can tell me how to detect several images for a specific category? For exemple, I want to detect for Cover tab 3 or 4 folders, as "front", "back", "inlay 1", etc... I didn't find the option. Thank you in advance! Very Happy

check this guide,it's for ver4 but it share 5 some concept
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks for the link, but this otpion in v4 "take more than one image for each rom if more than one folder presented" doesn't appear in v5, that's the feature I need. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm

"take more than one image for each rom if more than one folder presented" is no more needed in v5,right click on console then detect=>snapshot ,just add as many image folder and try to uncheck "turbo speed"
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Would it be possible to add a reset option for # of times played and play time. It doesn't have to be an option per game instead it could be universal or per console instead as long asit resets ALL values in the # of times played and play time?
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm

I've added some large collections and in general everything works great, but I've found that when using "List view > thumbnails" or "List view > details" with some columns added, scroll is pretty slow and laggy (although faster than EO4). Perhaps image caching could enhance it.

If it's not easy to make the list scroll faster, I think the ammount of scroll done when clicking on arrows of the scroll bar / clicking on the scroll bar / mouse wheel movement should be much bigger, of about five times bigger or more, to allow faster browsing. Especially the clicking on scroll bar.
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Thank you for your help Croser, it works! Smile
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 pm

oden wrote:
Would it be possible to add a reset option for # of times played and play time. It doesn't have to be an option per game instead it could be universal or per console instead as long asit resets ALL values in the # of times played and play time?
yes,per console\rom,so right click on one will pop up reset function, this one is coming for sure
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm

mgtroyas wrote:
I've added some large collections and in general everything works great, but I've found that when using "List view > thumbnails" or "List view > details" with some columns added, scroll is pretty slow and laggy (although faster than EO4). Perhaps image caching could enhance it.

If it's not easy to make the list scroll faster, I think the amount of scroll done when clicking on arrows of the scroll bar / clicking on the scroll bar / mouse wheel movement should be much bigger, of about five times bigger or more, to allow faster browsing. Especially the clicking on scroll bar.
we're working to enhance scrolling speed,try to not use image as icons on your roms,also put the name column as first one,and try to use minimal graphic column like image\media or pdf column(column that use red x or green right),we'll focus on achieving fastest possible browsing with great amount of column and rows in very next release
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Don Django wrote:
Thank you for your help Croser, it works! Smile
nice,any time Cool
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Just a question. Once paths are defined via "Detect" menu, are they saved on the collection or are lost when closing EO? I've found my paths are not saved and if I wan to update my media I must configure it all again to do a re-check.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:08 am

when you assign folder for one of detect menu like snap or cover,press start(to recheck the snap ) then use save button,close\reopen EO,now go to detect=>snap ,your path should be there
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm saving the eop project but paths are being "forgoten" from time to time. I've been configuring five consoles with five or six media categories, and right now, although all the games have all the media associated, all the paths have been lost on discover windows for all of them.

I'll do some tests to give an example of how to exactly reproduce the problem.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm

I think we need to do extra check and test on that, if you find any thing in your testing let us know
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:26 am

Would it be possible to add a Move Up & Move Down button for the Rom Data Items similar to what the Tab Manager has. I found that I like the rom data to be in a specific order but if I forgot to add a column I can\t move it up or down in the list, instead it will just go to the bottom.

PS Happy Holidays :-)

Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 am

Thank you,Happy holiday to all of you and you oden Very Happy I hope peace come over syria and the world
we'll add this ability to next version , we'll make new version as soon as we find the time for that,and the next one will be the best for sure
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Thank you and I look forward to the next release :-)

The only other thing I can think of adding (at this time) would be to change the Manual field to allow files other than PDF to be used such as HTML, CHM, and RTF files.

If possible I would like the ability to select any of those types of documents in the manual field because most manuals are in pdf format but rom hacks and translations sometimes release translated manuals in rft or word document format and virtual console games are released with CHM or HTML files instead of pdf files.

So instead of making multiple tabs labeled manual I was just hoping to have one tab that can view all those types of files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next