Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her

Go down 
+23
Dimsokme
viritys
gadesx
almmiron
alexis524
emuman
Hellboy.
Slater711
GrosDams
Bigby
logan5
oden
Don Django
Aldirt
Naithinus
mgtroyas
sachiebear
bundangdon
Edvard
will_oli
Gens
cid67
Slimmmmmm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Croser
Admin
Croser

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:53 am

it's little bit complicated as we use active x controller to deal with pdf,it's great idea to use one universal info tab instead of two,we'll find away around I'm sure of it,I hope the new year came with good stuffs and better version of EO
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am

Great frontend, Thanks for it! I'm really having fun with it.

I've been using EO 4.6 to run my DOS GOG Games without a problem. When I updated to versions 5 and above none seem to be able to run my .bat files anymore. I tried using the Commandline option instead of the Emulator option ect but nothing seems to work. It will launch the .bat file, then DosBox and I can see the dos command in the black window but then it just closes and is unable to actually run the game. Is there something I have to add to run .bat files directly in the new version of EO? If I setup DosBox as an emulator I can run the game but all of my specific instructions on how to run it are in the .bat file so I need to run that instead. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi and thank you for the great frontend! I was wondering if anyone has MESS working with EO? I'm trying to figure out why I can't run .bat files and MESS seems to crash when setting it up as an emulator so I'm trying to figure out if there's a connection...
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm

logan5 wrote:
Hi and thank you for the great frontend! I was wondering if anyone has MESS working with EO? I'm trying to figure out why I can't run .bat files and MESS seems to crash when setting it up as an emulator so I'm trying to figure out if there's a connection...

Hi! I don't use Mess or Dos games with EO, but maybe that command lines to launch your batch files have changed in this new version?
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks Django. I actually just want to launch a bat file without any interference from EO which I was able to do in the older 4+ versions. I wonder if you are right and something changed in the way EO launches Sad
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Okay, I figured out a workaround. If anyone else is having the same issue I can write a detailed post if need be. The new EO launches differently than the old one and adds info to to the command sent to the bat when launching within EO. The other problem is that you can't have any spaces in the code within the bat being launched...
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm glad you got it figured out :-)

I'm not very familiar with running DOS games in EO but I think it would be helpful to write up more information for those that are using EO to play older games.
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

It can be useful for every EO users to write a listing for each emulator who needs specific command lines to launch games, especially since this new revision. Smile Because some emulator are very tricky when you want launching games (Demul, Model2 emulator, NullDC with gdi files, DOS games, etc...)!^^
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 pm

I just wanted to notice I had the problem again where the paths are not saved when adding the media detect folders.

I just added a console via the wizard (step by step), then inside it added all the paths (videos, snaps, titles, manuals, etc) and all the media was detected and associated. But right after finishing, if I right click on the console and select any media type like "Detect > Videos", paths are empty.
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 am

I'll write up a tutorial for launching bat files for DOS games and some of the more difficult emulators such as NULLDC to get running inside EO...
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to completely backup my EO setup? Are all the settings backed up in the .eop? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Don Django
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 pm

logan5 wrote:
I'll write up a tutorial for launching bat files for DOS games and some of the more difficult emulators such as NULLDC to get running inside EO...

Great! Good to read that! Thank you in advance! cheers
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

hi every one and sorry for interruption,I want to clear some aspect about command line feature in EO,plz feel free to post new guide in our forum so more new user will figure out how to better use of EO,we 're very sorry for the bad guide we made,ask as you like
here is video how to configure dosbox with EO
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Every emulator ha it's own command line parameter,EO deal with most of it's situation like it should whether came before rom path or after,mess has tricky one,I test it my self and it's work
mess.exe <system> <media> <software> <options>
ignoring "mess.exe" as EO don't need it,"system" is like "nes"... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
now I have load collection of ne rom and I'm going to add mess as emulator
Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 Comman10
so it depends on the system or console you use,check the mess link above or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
for dos box config,I have bat file,but i don't use 'em as new EO has new improved way to deal with dos box,check the video above,if you still want to use bat file,I can give you command line to deal with it
hope this help
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks for the tutorial Croser, I'll try and use some of that info...
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:25 am

I had a suggestion for the next version. Would it be possible to add the ability to hit a letter on your keyboard which automatically takes you to the letter of the games inside EO? For example, if I hit the letter 's' EO will automatically scroll to the games starting with the letter 's' . Can be helpful for going through MAME or Amiga which have a ton of games to scroll through...Thanks!
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey again all, sorry to post so many questions. I was trying to figure out how to get the commandline working in EO so I don't have to create bat files for every rom which is what I did for AAE, Model 2, Daphne and Zinc. I've moved on to my 3DO collection and REALLY don't want to make bat files for every game. The bat file I made for one game which works outside of EO looks like this:

4DO.exe -StartLoadFile Need.iso

What I want to do is use the -StartLoadFile command to run the games. I tried creating a commandline within EO but I can't get it to work. I've used all sorts of combinations but nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It would help if I could get this to work so when I write the bat tutorial I can reference my bat launching knowledge with the commandline information. Thanks a lot in advance!
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Eo has two type of command line,one for emulator the sec is for individual rom,the first type will be applied to all rom,that mean if you want to apply some type of command line to collection,just modify the command line of the emulator associated with that console or collection
try to add the following command in sequence
first right click on emulator you want to use then go to property,now add group
,you need to send -StartLoadFile before rom file like"Need.iso",now select the new group then click on up blue arrow to put the next command before rom path "here default group"
right click on new group and add command line ,put any name you want,in the code write
-StartLoadFile
don't put quote,now click ok,try to select your emulator then any game in the list,and double click on it
good luck
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 am

we 're now working on new version,we'll release beta version here ,we don't know how it would take,maybe less than week or days,it should come soon,the only missing feature is tab manager per console,we're planning to release this feature later,we collect your feedbacks and looking for more
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 am

Great news. I couldn't wait and have already configured many consoles using the latest 5 version. The most annoying bugs are the "video doesn't stop playing when launching a game" and problems when pressing "delete" on the search box, an some other little quirks (english keyboard by default), but EO is the best "emulator organizer" by far.

Looking forward to the the new version.
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Thank you for continuing to support this great frontend! My favorite as well. Please if possible add the option to hit a letter on the keyboard and EO will take you to the letter of those games which correspond to the letter you hit...
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Hey all, I'm still struggling with the commandline. I tried applying all of the info regarding this from this page, the video tutorials and even stuff from GameEX and Maximus Arcade, just to see how other FEs run commandlines. I have a bat file with the following command:

WinUAELoader.exe -mode whdload -game 1000Miglia_v1.1b.zip

This runs the Amiga game perfectly from my folder. When I try to take the same commandline and apply it to EO it will just launch the WinUAELoader and not the game directly. I tried using -StartLoadFile in conjuction with -mode whdload -game (which is what WinUAELoader uses but have hit a wall. Here is a small tut for WinUAELoader:

"To run a game from your FE you need do it in the following format

WinUAELoader.exe -mode whdload -game "[ROM]"
Replace [ROM] with the variable your FE uses to send the game name. Eg. GameEx uses [ROM] and MaLa uses %Path%%ROM%%EXT%.

So when I use "WinUAELoader.exe -mode whdload -game 1000Miglia_v1.1b.zip" in a bat it runs perfectly but I CANNOT get EO to use a commandline to run a selected game...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no way I can create bat files for every Amiga game No

Back to top Go down
Aldirt
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi logan5,

you must use "WinUAELoader.exe -mode whdload -rom "[ROM]".

I need help with Future Pinball and demul.

Thanx aldirt

Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Future Pinball had no secret on EmulatorOrganizer 4. But I just tried and it's not working on EO5. The commandline that should work is:

Code:
"Future Pinball.exe" /play /exit /open "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

I tried it from CMD and it works.

Demul uses the following commandline:

Code:
demul.exe -run=dc -rom="game.gdi"

It's not working ATM on my PC but it should, as I played lot of games this way. Please test it and share the result, as both are systems I 'm also about to configure on EO5.
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Holy cow Aldirt it works!!! Amazing help, thanks a million!

I use NullDC and have created bat files for the games I want to use within EO. If you need some help getting this method to work (should be similar to demul) let me know! I've got the game list for Dreamcast games in EO connected to the bat files I made and this works for me...

Haven't gotten around to setting any Pinball stuff yet but will post and info I find out when I do...Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Aldirt
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:40 am

Hi mgtroyas,

i`m trying the commandlines, but i have no luck.

For Future Pinball i disable the "emulator button", so the table loads into the editor and

then F5.

Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes, that way Future Pinball kind of works, but on EO4 it worked perfectly the other way, so it's something I think should be investigated.

I haven't had luck with demul neither, don't know why, but I remembered I also used nulldc and it's working like a charm on EO5. The command line is as follows:

Code:
nulldc.exe -config nullDC:Emulator.Autostart=1
-config ImageReader:LoadDefaultImage=1
-config ImageReader:DefaultImage=" " <--where the patch to your image file

Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 am

I`ve been trying to configure Demul, and I've found a limitation in the EO command line editor.

The needed commandline for Demul looks like this:
Code:
demul -run=systemname -rom=romname
So the commandline must be this:
Code:
-run=atomiswave -rom=<RomNameWithoutExtension>

But it's not possible to define a commandline like
Code:
-rom=<RomNameWithoutExtension>
as if I divide it in two nested ones, a space is placed between them, like
Code:
-rom= <RomNameWithoutExtension>
and if I try to do a single commandline, seems "RomNameWithoutExtension" tag is used literally and not replaced by it's value.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 am

kk,thank you very much for this important feedback,fix coming next version
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 am

mgtroyas, could you try this:
your code
-rom=<RomNameWithoutExtension>
just delete the "<RomNameWithoutExtension>" so the code now looks like this:
-run=atomiswave -rom=
create new command group in emulator property in EO,put this group first before default group
now enter the following command in sequence:

-run=atomiswave
-rom=

and ofcourse,the default group hold the rom path not the name since we need to point demul to the rom we want to play,now try any game,if still no luck,try this instead:
-run=
atomiswave
-rom=

or
-run
atomiswave
-rom

pls post result
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I've tried the three options, none of them work.
Code:
-run=atomiswave -rom= <RomNameWithoutExtension>
Code:
-run= atomiswave -rom= <RomNameWithoutExtension>

Code:
-run atomiswave -rom <RomNameWithoutExtension>

Demul is very strict with the command line format and will ignore the romname if it's separated with that space, and then shows the rom selector. I've already tested it from a cmd window outside EO.

Here's the embedded help:
Code:
P:\Emulator\demul>demul -h
Demul (Sega * Emulator) v0.5.7
Build date: Feb 28 2012
usage: demul [options]
 -? -h -help            give this help
 -version              give about
 -listxml              list roms & bioses in ClrMame XML format
 -listroms              print games list
 -run=<name>            run specified system (dc, naomi, atomisware, saturn, hikaru, cave3rd)
 -rom=<romname>        run specified system rom
 -customrom=<fullpath>  run specified system customrom
 -image=<fullpath>      run specified system image (CD/GD media systems only)
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 am

here is demul057 command line xml file:
to use it, add demul057 as emulator inside eo, right click on it then choose properity,from commandline panel choose open saved commandline (open folder icon)

I already test it with eo5.3
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Works great! Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi, just found out about this great frontend! Thanks for creating it and updating it.

I have set up a few emulators using MESS and WinUAEloader and understand the commandline methods used in EO.

Is it possible yet or could I make a suggestion to add a "launch before" and "launch after" command?

What I want to do is use daemon tools lite to mount a cd image before the emulator launches, and then unmount the cd image when the emulator exits. The reason I have to mount the cd image is because I am using redump images which have a cuefile with multiple bin files.

I have tried to add deamon tools as an emulator to at least mount the image when I select the game in EO using the following commandline:

Code:
-mount scsi, 0, <RomPath>

but this does not work.

Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi,

Having those "pre" and "post" commands would be great. This option is already available in other frontends I've used, and is very handy. The other option is creating custom scripts for each emulator but it's very dependant of the system.

What's more, currently EO only allows EXE files as emulators. I think it would be great to add BAT/CMD/VBS/etc as allowed extension, for user created scripts. Perhaps allowing the user to customize the valid extensions, just like is already possible for ROMs extensions, would be the best option.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

welcome Bigby we 're glad to have you here
launch before" and "launch after" command is great suggestion , it 'll come for sure
thank you mgtroyas, your suggestion is brilliant as always, eo does n't understand script for other program, instead it can send this script via files to that program,we added support for dos box config file which is some kind of script file, this is depend on program we use,dosbox had script file different from other program like demon tool,there is away to send file to emulator or program in eo (attached file) so the emulator or program could read that script and perform it's content but you need to inform dosbox you 're going to send conf file by command line
example:
there is game called duke nukem 3d, I used to play mod on it via dosbox,it require script or conig file with some modification in order to play,so I use this method:
in the rom property add the conf file for the game under attached file tab, now go to emulator property "here dosbox" add in sequence in new group of commands:
-conf
so here we send the attacheched file or script to emulator in it language

we'll support more extension (customized like rom extention) inside emulator tab in the next release, but this may not work for all program , it 'll receive the bat file but it need some extra cmmand to understand what was sent, or maybe eo could send content of the bat file(or script) line by line,we'll see

for mess emulator, I think you need to provide some commandline for it in eo
mess.exe
so for nes system it should like this:
nes -cart
the above command for nes system in mess which need cart to operate,so for system need image you can use
sytem -cdrom

Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks for suggesting using MESS. The emulation in MESS for Playstation is still being worked on, but it can at least launch these redump images I have.

This commandline worked:

Code:
psu -cdrom <rompath>

I like how EO has the ability to add all these different emulators, so thanks for this feature!

Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Another suggestion for EO I would like to see (if possible) is to change the background of the console list and rom list. At present it is white, but I would prefer if we could change the colour or even choose a background image?
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Bigby wrote:
Another suggestion for EO I would like to see (if possible) is to change the background of the console list and rom list. At present it is white, but I would prefer if we could change the colour or even choose a background image?
nice,we could do this next release
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 am

The database feature for importing information from mameinfo.dat and history.dat are very much appreciated... saves a ton of work doing it manually. Smile

Do you have plans to add this feature to the other platforms?

I am involved over at the emuxtras forums. They have an online sysnopsis editor which has information on videogames (such as region, release year, genre .etc) plus description of the game(s).

There is also an "export" feature where a user can download the synopsis for a particular platform. These are simple txt files, much like what EO produces for mame. Each game has it's own txt file, but there is also a synopsis.txt that has all this combined.

Anyway, if you are interested, you can get more info here:

emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1887
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 am

Here is an example of the layout:

Code:
Sonic The Hedgehog
Platform: Sega Master System
Region: USA, Europe
Media: Cartridge
Controller: Master System Controller
Genre: Platformer
Gametype: Licensed
Release Year: 1991
Developer: SEGA
Publisher: SEGA
Players: 1
SEGA's mascot Sonic the Hedgehog made his debut in a famous Genesis title, but Sega's 8-bit systems got their own version of the platformer, featuring the same story and gameplay style, but different levels.

To stop the evil Dr. Robotnik, Sonic must traverse six zones consisting of three levels each. Most of the zones are based on those in the original game, but some are entirely new. Enemies (mechanized animals, defeated by Sonic's spikes when jumping or rolling) and power-ups (speed-ups, shields, extra lives) are mostly the same as well. Sonic can pick up golden rings for protection (when hit, he simply loses all of his rings instead of a life) and bonuses: 100 rings gain Sonic an extra life, and 50 remaining rings at the end of a level allow access to pinball-themed special stages full of bumpers and springs. The final level of a zone is always a boss fight against Robotnik.

Sonic should also collect the six Chaos Emeralds to keep them from falling into Robotnik's hands. In a departure from the original game, these are not hidden in the special stages but somewhere in the regular levels.
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Perhaps you are interested in the work done by Tempest on these files:

Also there are multiple interesting tools on this category:

Personally I've used "skinny match" tool to match all the artwork Emumovies packs to my romsets.

I personally use no-intro, redump.org and Tosec sets (in that order of preference) for all the systems, would be great to have the ini files with all the info matching the no-intro / redump.org rom names.

Other project I'm actually working on is integration og "gamebases" with EO. Rom integration is easy thanks to "search in subfolders option" but media matching is a bit more problematic.

Feel free to share your thoughts about how to pair your work with EO.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Quote :
The database feature for importing information from mameinfo.dat and history.dat are very much appreciated... saves a ton of work doing it manually.

Do you have plans to add this feature to the other platforms?
if you mean to export\import info for each rom as single txt based file like we do for mame, we 'll add this feature in the next release
for more info about database file in eo,I had wrote simple guide to clearify some feature of eo
I hope you can find it useful, plz read it and ask any thing if you want, we could help here in eo forum

Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks for the link to those ini's by tempest, mgtroyas. The only issue I have is that I would like to have the description displayed on the other info tab, not on the rom info tab.

Is this possible croser?

With the emuxtras synopsis, the developer of it has told me that he can change the format/layout if need be to make importing into EO easier.

mgtroyas, I usually use fatmatch, but will give skinnymatch a try again soon. Most of my artwork/videos match okay already, but there are a few mistakes here and there still.

I'm actually a member at emumovies... I made some MSX and X68000 videos. Smile

croser, I will read and reply in the database thread...
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Bigby wrote:
mgtroyas, I usually use fatmatch, but will give skinnymatch a try again soon. Most of my artwork/videos match okay already, but there are a few mistakes here and there still.

I also used Fatmatch with multiple sets, but it "invented" too many guesses. With skinny match near 1:1 matching is possible without "inventing" media, but manual revision is as always needed.

Bigby wrote:
I'm actually a member at emumovies... I made some MSX and X68000 videos. Smile

That's great! I also have an Emumovies account, although I haven't contributed yet, just used the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

Quote :
Thanks for the link to those ini's by tempest, mgtroyas. The only issue I have is that I would like to have the description displayed on the other info tab, not on the rom info tab.

Is this possible croser?
you need to create txt file for each rom and load it as info file inside info tab(not rom info tab) by using detect menu over console to detect the txt files inside folder,thank you for the suggestion we could add new way to import info from csv file maybe by generating many txt file contain the game info for each rom,and the ability to combine all in one csv file

Quote :
emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1887
this is really interesting, does there any csv(database ) file so I can check it out, we could support it soon
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 am

So I have to use the detect to import the description to the info tab, I see. Maybe I can ask Wimpy (the synopsis editor dev) about separating the description from the game info, if possible. I'll also ask him if he can make it so we can export to csv files as well.

Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 am

nice, separated txt file are only meant for info tab , not for rom info tab,for rom info tab you need only one txt or csv file,info tab need real txt or rtf,doc file at the moment (current version),we may improve this soon
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 am

I've been testing the new version the last days and it works very well, apart of the known bugs about video playing in background after starting a game, and tabs not remembering position after closing EO.

I've a "cosmetic" suggestion. Instead of showing the empty tabs when EO opens, and when a console is selected in the menu but no game has been selected yet, I think it would be better letting the user define an image, and perhaps a text file, to personalize that console. The image and text description would be shown using the full tabs area, and then when a game is selected the view changes to the normal tab interface.

When EO opens, a logo image could be shown as a greeting, or perhaps some links to most used tasks, some brief instructions about first steps, links to the basic wizards... something more user friendly than the empty tabs.

It's only an idea but I think it could "round" the EO experience.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:08 pm

thank you for the great suggestions, this definitely enhance eo gui , until we work on the next version , we'll collect your feedbacks
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for the new release Croser, looks great! Thanks especially for adding the letter scrolling support! I was wondering if you could give me advice on how I could get this commandline to work in EO:

"FP.exe" /open "Aloha fixed.fpt" /play /exit

This works outside of EO from a .bat file for Future Pinball and here are commands which Future Pinball uses:

/Open ""
This command line switch will load the specified table (which must be quoted). The full path and file name must be given.
example..

/open "C:\Program Files\Future Pinball\NewTable.fpt"

/Play
The Play command will play the opened table once it has loaded. If no table is "opened" then this command will have no effect
example..

/open "C:\Program Files\Future Pinball\NewTable.fpt" /play

/Exit
The Exit command will exit future pinball after the specified table has been loaded and played (when the user exits from playing the table) and return back to the calling program (either a front end or Windows).
example..

/open "C:\Program Files\Future Pinball\NewTable.fpt" /play /exit

/ArcadeRender
This command line switch makes the Arcade Render Mode available in the Video Preference dialog. For more information about setting up Arcade Render then refer to the Video Perferences section of this manual (link).
example..

/open "C:\Program Files\Future Pinball\NewTable.fpt" /play /exit /ArcadeRender

I don't know how to get Future Pinball to launch a specific game from EO, it only works outside of Future Pinball in a .bat and only the game I specifically choose in the .bat (such as Aloha in my example). GameEX uses this command:

Command line: "Future Pinball.exe" /open "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /play /exit/

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for having the best frontend to date! I've used them all and this is my favorite by far...

UPDATE, I downloaded a wrapper and the code looks like this:
Run, "Future Pinball.exe" /open "%TABLE%" /play /exit

I tried putting each of the commands into EO one by one and in the correct order but I can't get it going...

UPDATE 2, I got the wrapper working but it doesn't launch into Arcade Mode...Anyone know how to add arcaderender to the ahk of the wrapper?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next