Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her

Go down 
+23
Dimsokme
viritys
gadesx
almmiron
alexis524
emuman
Hellboy.
Slater711
GrosDams
Bigby
logan5
oden
Don Django
Aldirt
Naithinus
mgtroyas
sachiebear
bundangdon
Edvard
will_oli
Gens
cid67
Slimmmmmm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
oden
new guy

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 4:56 am

viritys wrote:
I think you missed the point - or maybe I did? Let's see Smile

So, if my .7z has a structure "folder\gamefile"
1) EO extracts it to temp\folder\gamefile
2) EO asks the emulator to open temp\gamefile
which of course will fail

This has been fixed for the the next release which should be released any day now, so you should no longer have an issue with roms inside folders one the new version is released.
Back to top Go down
viritys
new guy
viritys

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 4:26 am

haven't found too many bugs from the new version - only thing I'm managing to break it with is with massive collection - right now I'm working around the problem by having separate profiles for each console, which is just fine. But if in some future point you manage to figure out a way to have hundreds of thousands of files on a single profile, I'll be ever so grateful.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 2:26 pm

this is the most stable version ever released,there is might still some minor bugs but this is for sure will not affect the user experience ,we have big plan for upcoming update (EO7) ,the primary focus is new database engine but this going to need serious works,we're up to it and it's worth it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
oden
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Just wanted to report a bug I found. I am unable to delete a game from my rom list.

I right click on the game and select Delete from the pop up menu. It looks like the game has been deleted however, if I save / close EO / open EO back up, the game is back. So I don't have a way of deleting a game.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Thank you oden, try the latest build v 6.5.50 ,it should now be fixed
Back to top Go down
Dimsokme
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 1:07 pm

I have Win xp and can't start 6 version cause of crash, although there are XP in system requarments. Can someone confirm running the last version on Windows XP?
Back to top Go down
rrshier
new guy

PostSubject: Bugs and features   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I actually really like the way this project is heading and love the abilities it has thus far. Here is a list of some items I think would enhance this software (using version: 6.6.25)

1. When I resize the window, place all of the separators where I want them, etc... those should STAY THERE between systems, emulators, playlists and the like. I find that I am having to resize the window and place the separators for each item I add to this program. There should be one single set of parameters across all items.

2. Feature Request - I would love to see the ability to have web links that are associated to a console group, a console, or an emulator, instead of just to a single game. I find myself wanting to use this program to collect the web links for all the emulators I use, of for a link to the manuals for a console (instead of downloading all of the manuals myself), but the only links that can be added are to a single game, and not at the emulator, console, or group level.

3. In 99% of my attempts to use TheGamesDB capability to download the images, info, etc... for ROMs, it quits out midway saying the program ceases to function. I did see another post on this, but it was for version 4. It still exists in 6.6.25.

Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 10:05 pm

rrshier wrote:
I actually really like the way this project is heading and love the abilities it has thus far.  Here is a list of some items I think would enhance this software (using version: 6.6.25)

1.  When I resize the window, place all of the separators where I want them, etc...  those should STAY THERE between systems, emulators, playlists and the like.  I find that I am having to resize the window and place the separators for each item I add to this program.  There should be one single set of parameters across all items.

2. Feature Request - I would love to see the ability to have web links that are associated to a console group, a console, or an emulator, instead of just to a single game.  I find myself wanting to use this program to collect the web links for all the emulators I use, of for a link to the manuals for a console (instead of downloading all of the manuals myself), but the only links that can be added are to a single game, and not at the emulator, console, or group level.

3. In 99% of my attempts to use TheGamesDB capability to download the images, info, etc... for ROMs, it quits out midway saying the program ceases to function.  I did see another post on this, but it was for version 4.  It still exists in 6.6.25.

Hello,
We are glad that you like our program Smile
For resizing the window, EO saves the splitters distances and the window size for each console indivsually. When adding new console or just selecting nothing, EO will returns into the default values (default window size and default splitters distances).
I have an idea, we can make an option when creating new console to copy settings from another console, for example, you have adjusted the window size and splitters for nes console, then want to copy these values to another console, you can do this by new menu item called (copy console settings) or just by creating new console, and of course, this is optional.
Web links for emus and consoles is a very good idea, added to the TODO list Wink
I tested TheGameDB feature on several roms and it worked well, but the problem that i cannot test it on huge amount of roms hence it will take a very long time. I susspect that the problem goes when the TheGameDB server suspect a spam, since huge amount of roms getting information in small timespan ... Anyway I'll take a loot at it and try to figure out what's the problem.

Best regards
Ala
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
rrshier
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 am

Jegqamas wrote:
rrshier wrote:
I actually really like the way this project is heading and love the abilities it has thus far.  Here is a list of some items I think would enhance this software (using version: 6.6.25)

1.  When I resize the window, place all of the separators where I want them, etc...  those should STAY THERE between systems, emulators, playlists and the like.  I find that I am having to resize the window and place the separators for each item I add to this program.  There should be one single set of parameters across all items.

2. Feature Request - I would love to see the ability to have web links that are associated to a console group, a console, or an emulator, instead of just to a single game.  I find myself wanting to use this program to collect the web links for all the emulators I use, of for a link to the manuals for a console (instead of downloading all of the manuals myself), but the only links that can be added are to a single game, and not at the emulator, console, or group level.

3. In 99% of my attempts to use TheGamesDB capability to download the images, info, etc... for ROMs, it quits out midway saying the program ceases to function.  I did see another post on this, but it was for version 4.  It still exists in 6.6.25.

Hello,
We are glad that you like our program Smile
For resizing the window, EO saves the splitters distances and the window size for each console indivsually. When adding new console or just selecting nothing, EO will returns into the default values (default window size and default splitters distances).
I have an idea, we can make an option when creating new console to copy settings from another console, for example, you have adjusted the window size and splitters for nes console, then want to copy these values to another console, you can do this by new menu item called (copy console settings) or just by creating new console, and of course, this is optional.
Web links for emus and consoles is a very good idea, added to the TODO list Wink
I tested TheGameDB feature on several roms and it worked well, but the problem that i cannot test it on huge amount of roms hence it will take a very long time. I susspect that the problem goes when the TheGameDB server suspect a spam, since huge amount of roms getting information in small timespan ... Anyway I'll take a loot at it and try to figure out what's the problem.

Best regards
Ala

I like your idea for copying settings from a console, perhaps in the applications top level settings there could also be a switch that just switches off individual splitter and window sizing per console / folder, etc... I can see the value in having the ability to have that fine grain of settings per console or folder, I just don't use it myself :-)

In terms of TheGameDB, I could see a feature where you select a certain amount of roms from you list to perform the "get" on. Right now, its all / or a single rom at a time. If I could select lets say 50 at a time (or even 25) then it means less work for me (doing it 1 at a time), but also wouldn't necessarily bombard TheGameDB server. Right now there is no multi-select and perform TheGameDB only on your multi-select.

Great chatting with you, I am a software / electrical / systems engineer myself LOL. I thought about digging in and doing this work myself, but then if you came out with another version with other features I like, then we would have divergent builds!!!

Have a great one.
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:34 am

Great, the console settings copy feature added to the TODO list. Also, selecting multiple roms for TheGameDB search is a good idea as well Smile
Great that we have masters in our community, I'm looking forward to do work together sometime Smile

Thanks
Back to top Go down
rrshier
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 3:10 am

Jegqamas wrote:
Great, the console settings copy feature added to the TODO list. Also, selecting multiple roms for TheGameDB search is a good idea as well Smile
Great that we have masters in our community, I'm looking forward to do work together sometime Smile

Thanks

By the way, as I am continuing to use EO, I am coming up with more ideas.

When in parent and child mode, being able to minimize all children into their parents so that your list becomes much smaller would be a great thing. Each parent should have a plus / minus next to it to individually expand / contract their children. There should be buttons somewhere in the menu and maybe quick buttons next to the "Parent And Children" button to "Expand All", and "Contract All" as well.

Also, when speaking about the parent and child mode, it seems that parent child really only works when the children are all collected within a compressed file. Could there perhaps be put in an algorithm (one could manually run this on a list) to move through a list and auto-correlate parent and children (perhaps based upon name)?

Again Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 pm

rrshier wrote:
Jegqamas wrote:

Thanks

By the way, as I am continuing to use EO, I am coming up with more ideas.

When in parent and child mode, being able to minimize all children into their parents so that your list becomes much smaller would be a great thing.  Each parent should have a plus / minus next to it to individually expand / contract their children.  There should be buttons somewhere in the menu and maybe quick buttons next to the "Parent And Children" button to "Expand All", and "Contract All" as well.

Also, when speaking about the parent and child mode, it seems that parent child really only works when the children are all collected within a compressed file.  Could there perhaps be put in an algorithm (one could manually run this on a list) to move through a list and auto-correlate parent and children (perhaps based upon name)?

Again Thanks

When we added the parents children feature, we thought about adding menus-plus button next to each parent so that the children can be expanded or contracted, the problem was with the list view control (which display roms), it need a lot of work to accomplish this, it is an old control and needs code optimization, in that version we delay the idea to a time we can only focus in this end.
Actually you can indeed edit parent-child relations between roms in the rom properties itself !!
Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 Unbena10
You can add roms, edit the children list ...etc
And indeed the only way to make EO build the parent-children relationship for a rom automatically, is when the rom file is compressed, because of there is no other way to tell what rom is parent and what rom is a child for that parent.
We thought about making algorithm for that, like adding all roms with the same name (example: 1942, 1942 a, 1942 b ...etc) as parent and children, but this will lead to some carzy things, like adding 1942 as parent and 1942 II (the second release of the game) as a child .... and may require end-user to waste time just fixing that.
Thanks for the ideas, we will try to implement all of them, and of course, more ideas and suggestions are welcome anytime Smile
Back to top Go down
rrshier
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 7:58 pm

So, here I am again :-)

As I am now trying to setup TurboGrafx-16 CD, I am running into another feature addition that would be nice.  I love the folder scanner, and I was thinking about coding something like EO that would pre-extract files from an archive prior to running (as some emulators still don't support archive formats, Bravo).  When it comes to scanning the folders to add games to the list, it would be nice to compare the file extensions of the items within the archive with the file extensions playable by the console.  Reason for this, is for the CD archives I am using, some of them have .jpg files in them, .bin, and the .cue files.  The .bin and .cue files are related and don't doubly need to be added to the game list, and the .jpg files are not actually playable roms.  I have gone into the console and setup .cue as the playable file type.  In the folder scanner dialog, I can select to look into compressed archives, but it also states "add all files".  Perhaps instead of "all" files, it could look for, filter, and only add the files that follow one of the "playable" types.
Back to top Go down
rrshier
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Also, as I am going through, I have noticed a trend in terms of file location selection. I ALWAYS have multiple file browser windows open, thus I can easily copy / paste folder and file locations from the browser window into EO. Most (if not all) of the EO interface does not however allow pasting of file locations into a dialog, but rather forces one to move through multiple clicks of a file selector window. It would be much faster if I could simply paste into textboxes for file locations. If this feature were added, it should be fairly standard throughout EO.
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm

rrshier wrote:

As I am now trying to setup TurboGrafx-16 CD, I am running into another feature addition that would be nice.  I love the folder scanner, and I was thinking about coding something like EO that would pre-extract files from an archive prior to running (as some emulators still don't support archive formats, Bravo).  When it comes to scanning the folders to add games to the list, it would be nice to compare the file extensions of the items within the archive with the file extensions playable by the console.  Reason for this, is for the CD archives I am using, some of them have .jpg files in them, .bin, and the .cue files.  The .bin and .cue files are related and don't doubly need to be added to the game list, and the .jpg files are not actually playable roms.  I have gone into the console and setup .cue as the playable file type.  In the folder scanner dialog, I can select to look into compressed archives, but it also states "add all files".  Perhaps instead of "all" files, it could look for, filter, and only add the files that follow one of the "playable" types.
Hello,
I think extracting rom files preior running is already implemented, you can configure this on console properties in the Archive section, just switch "Extract all files", this will make EO extract all the files in the rom archive files into the temp folder, then run the rom (selected file)
When scaning roms with add roms (folder scan), EO will search for all files that match the extensions of the console. When a rom is archive, and you disabled option "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path", EO will conseder that archive file as normal file (normal rom file, like .nes, .gbc ...etc)
BUT when the option "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path" is ENABLED, EO will scan the file inside that file and then add them when extensions of them match the console extensions. For example, let's say we have console named NES and have 2 extensions: .7z and .nes
Let's say we have 2 rom files:

Mario.nes
MarioCollection.7z

and inside MarioCollection.7z file:
Mario 1.nes
Mario 2.nes
Mario 3.nes
Something.ss

Then we do a roms scan for that console:
With "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path" DISABLED:
2 files will be added as roms, Mario.nes and MarioCollection.7z

With "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path" is ENABLED:
these roms will be added:
Mario.nes
MarioCollection.7z
(AI0)Mario 1.nes
(AI1)Mario 2.nes
(AI2)Mario 3.nes

Something.ss file will be ignored because of .ss is not in the console extensions list.
Hope this help
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm

rrshier wrote:
Also, as I am going through, I have noticed a trend in terms of file location selection.  I ALWAYS have multiple file browser windows open, thus I can easily copy / paste folder and file locations from the browser window into EO.  Most (if not all) of the EO interface does not however allow pasting of file locations into a dialog, but rather forces one to move through multiple clicks of a file selector window.  It would be much faster if I could simply paste into textboxes for file locations.  If this feature were added, it should be fairly standard throughout EO.
I'll look at this ASAP, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
rrshier
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Jegqamas wrote:
rrshier wrote:

Hello,
I think extracting rom files preior running is already implemented, you can configure this on console properties in the Archive section, just switch "Extract all files", this will make EO extract all the files in the rom archive files into the temp folder, then run the rom (selected file)
When scaning roms with add roms (folder scan), EO will search for all files that match the extensions of the console. When a rom is archive, and you disabled option "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path", EO will conseder that archive file as normal file (normal rom file, like .nes, .gbc ...etc)
BUT when the option "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path" is ENABLED, EO will scan the file inside that file and then add them when extensions of them match the console extensions. For example, let's say we have console named NES and have 2 extensions: .7z and .nes
Let's say we have 2 rom files:

Mario.nes
MarioCollection.7z

and inside MarioCollection.7z file:
Mario 1.nes
Mario 2.nes
Mario 3.nes
Something.ss

Then we do a roms scan for that console:
With "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path" DISABLED:
2 files will be added as roms, Mario.nes and MarioCollection.7z

With "if rom file is compresed, add all files of that file as roms of AI path" is ENABLED:
these roms will be added:
Mario.nes
MarioCollection.7z
(AI0)Mario 1.nes
(AI1)Mario 2.nes
(AI2)Mario 3.nes

Something.ss file will be ignored because of .ss is not in the console extensions list.
Hope this help

Iff your second example is what you are saying "should" happen, it is not what is happening.  I have setup the Turbografx CD console to only look for "Rom file type extensions" of ".cue".  When I scan my .zip files, it is putting all of the .bin, .nfo, and .jpg files into the Roms list!!!  That is what I was trying to say.  In other words in your example above, it is NOT ignoring "something.ss"!!!

Thanks Always :-)
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:29 pm

OH, in this case we have a bug lol
OK, I'll look at at soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello all,
If you interested, I've just implemented the features that requested recently, still working on the version but you can download and test the latest build,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Currenlty implemented features:
1 You can copy settings of a console, consoles group, playlist or playlists group to another (of the same type). Just select the element (console, consoles group, playlist or playlists group) then right-click then "Clone settings ..."
2 You can now get info from The GameDB for more than one game at once (i.e. 20 games)
3 Consoles can have links as information, check out the console status tab (you need to click Refresh)

Tell me what you think Smile
rrshier: For the roms scan issue, I've checked it out and work perfectly. I thiunk there is something wrong with your configuration or something I didn't check out, more information about your console and an example rom archive file would be appreciated.

Thanks, stay tuned for the new release Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello guys,
We are still working on New release of EO, you can test the latest build ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and as usual, you can always post ideas, features requests ...etc

Here is the latest implemented stuff:
* Added ability to import Mame XML databese
Please post here or contact the developers about what you think Smile

Thanks, stay tuned for the new release Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shdown
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi, guys!!
EO, best emulator manager!!
Look forward to a Bigbox version!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

thnks man,lol Laughing
AHD now working on new rom list controller,much more faster and lighter
Back to top Go down
shdown
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyMon May 29, 2017 12:50 am

I can not delete items from the list, EO 6.7.129, I close the program and the items return to the list.
see the video:

Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 12:09 am

shdown wrote:
I can not delete items from the list, EO 6.7.129, I close the program and the items return to the list.
see the video:

Hello,
Have tried to delete roms from other consoles ?
Please make a copy of your profile file, then try to delete other roms from other consoles (make sure rom deleting is working). If does deleting work, then the problem is with the console itself.
It would even better to send us your profile file, so we can debug the problem.

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Hello,
The bug now is fixed Smile
Download the version with that fix from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
shdown
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks!
Now it's working very well!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her   Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Emulator Organizer Suggestion or problems goes her
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7