Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Solved] Video and if not available snapshot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

[Solved] Video and if not available snapshot Empty
PostSubject: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for your effort, I really like the 4.5 version. I'm a Quickplay Frontend heavy user, having configured about 50 systems on it, but it's currently unmaintained and I'm liking EO very much.

I'll suggest an idea about the wonderful video support with autoplay you have added: on full collections, videos are always rarer than snapshots, so it would be great if a combined video/snapshot panel could be created, so if the game has a video associated EO plays it, but if there's no video, the screenshot is shown instead.

Also there is another way of enhancing it, like Maximus Arcade frontend does: when you click a game, the snapshot is shown in the panel (as loading the image is faster than loading the video). Then if a video is available, after some timeout (i.e. 1 or 2 seconds) the video starts playing instead of the snapshot. This way something is displayed instantly ant when de video player plugin is loaded, the video starts, without "blank" panel anytime.

Thank you again for the work, I'll surely be watching the development on EO.

Last edited by mgtroyas on Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot EmptyFri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

Just another related suggestion: video should stop playing when game emulation is started.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks for the suggestions,4.6 will coming soon after we noticed bug in renaming (minor option bug) so we could make option to let eo keep the panel full if there is something associated with Rom,somepeoplw prefere to let cover displayed some prefer video,we 'll implement some way
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm testing it this afternoon, but looks good. Thanx!
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Works like a charm. That was just what I wanted. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:44 am

I am Glad to hear that
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot   [Solved] Video and if not available snapshot Empty

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Video and if not available snapshot
Page 1 of 1