Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming feature

Go down 
+3
Bigby
oden
Croser
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 pm

in this topic I 'm going to post what we are planing to do in the future release for EO, if you have any suggestion or feedback, we 'll update this post according to the new feedback and frequently

Notes:
this topic may contain feature that may not appear in the very next release of eo
if you find some missing fixes , post here

upcoming feature\fixes:
-fix: try to fix steal focus from rom list by active x controller
-feature: support more database format
-fix: If you open the trace window, then close it, then try to reopen it
-fix: fix all the bugs you folk talking about sice last update
Improvment: change database type from serialaziation to sql metadata

Version 6.4.350:(latest version)
* Added ability to track roms that don't require an emulator to save play time, played times, etc.
* Added an option to detect and download info & images from TGDB (TheGamesDB.net).
* Added a "Parent And Children" mode for all consoles including MAME which will display roms in a parent/clone relationship.
* Added the Profile Status tab (next to the Roms tab) that displays an overview of all consoles, including console icons, most played games, etc.
* Added the Console Status tab (next to the Roms tab) that displays an overview of the selected console and includes the ability to attach an rtf file or pdf system manual for that console
* Added new sections in the Console Properties windows that allows extra information to be stored e.g. include a short description, attach an rtf file, or add a pdf system manual for that console
* Added additional functionality for dynamic emulators to execute scripts instead of just launching the normal executable file.
* Added functionality for programs that launch before/after the emulator which now includes the ability to load scripts instead of just loading the program's executable file.
* Added ability to override an emulator's list configuration in the launch before/after window.
* Added a function which dictates when a program should launch before and/or after the emulator e.g. # of seconds to wait, launch instantly, wait to finish, etc.
* Added ability to scan folder(s) for rom icons.
* Added ability to sort categories alpha numerically.
* Added an option to repeat playlist in the media tab.
* Added a pixilated mode for image tabs.
* Fixed bug which caused EO to display names incorrectly if they had a period in them.
* Fixed bug which caused EO to halt operations when exporting roms to a database file.
* Fixed bug which occurred when extracting a rom is inside a folder from an archive.
* Improved code optimization which allows roms to load faster.
* Improved code optimization which allows roms to display faster when viewed in Thumbnails mode.
* Improved functionality for programs that launch before/after the emulator which now includes the ability to load scripts instead of just loading the program's executable file.
* Improved ability in the categories browser by including a rename option.

If we missed something pls reply and we'll add it to list to do stuff
CHeers

Last edited by Croser on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:33 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
oden
new guy

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:18 pm

What about allowing the emulator option to be permanently turned off or on depending on what console is selected i.e.

1. If you go to the Sega Genesis folder the emulator(s) option will be turned on
2. If you go to the PC games section, the emulator(s) option will be turned off

This will prevent you from having to turn the emulator option on or off when changing consoles. Instead EO will just remember the setting of whether or not an emulator is needed.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:16 pm

almost forgot about this, the 1st post been updated
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

When I add playlists, it seems I cannot sort them by name or by using the up/down arrows.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm

this is bugs and need to be fixed, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Just a couple of suggestions:
  • Giving option to hide the toolbar on media tabs, so that extra space can be used to display the media. Once hidden, it could be shown again on a right click contextual menu, or the toolbar could autohide and only show when the mouse is over the media.
  • Real-time filtering from the search textbox: each time you write a new letter on the textbox, gamelist is instantly filtered to match the text written until that moment. A minimum number of characters can be defined, so games are only filtered when written, for instance, more than two characters.

Also about the upcoming per-console tab design. I'm thinking that also would be useful to have a per-console gamelist columns design, so which columns are selected or not, and their sizes, can be selected for each console, depending of the relevance of them, and to match the per-console tabs design (that will vary the tabs size and so the space left for the game list).
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 am

thank you very much the first post been updated, we'll focus on the per console feature for the next release , also fix what we could and add some enhancement for interface
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:01 pm

When I delete a Rom Data Item that I'm no longer i.e. Year of release it doesn't remove it from the Rom Data Items.

I am trying to delete unused items by going to Profile => Rom Data Items => selecting the item I don't want any more then pressing remove

But it's still showing up after I close that menu.
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:20 pm

it's been a while since I log on here, we have some difficult so the next release may came late this year , the project not dead until we decide that, we still live in safe city, war not came yet here and hope not , we still can produce more versions, but many services heavily damaged like internet service which become worst every day, this may slow us little, AHD still work on another project and seems related to EO and will bring enhancement for EO
IF I have any info about next EO
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:09 am

Thank you for the update and I'm glad you all are safe :-)

I look forward to news of future releases as well.
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks for let us now about the project, hope you are safe and well, greetings from Uruguay!
Back to top Go down
Jegqamas
new guy
Jegqamas

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Hello,

Thank you all for your concern, we are not dead yet including EO lol
me and my bro were busy, me I was busy with other projects.
EO is huge project, making enhancement and fixed will take some time, we'll try best we can to fix all bugs and add/improve features.

Best regards from Syria.
Back to top Go down
https://sourceforge.net/u/jegqamas/profile/
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:38 pm

we 're working on the next release, we intend to update eo so it may reflect the last revision of 5 engine, we 'll then move to 6, the big feature I want to see is per console config ,and editor for panels (snap, cover .. etc) it's not going to take long if things goes right, maybe month or less, it depends now on ahd
more update coming soon
Back to top Go down
Edvard
new guy
Edvard

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:22 am

Great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:48 pm

new release is almost out, now the command line editor accept 1 line for all emulator command lines, yes eo now has built in script language, we also fix all the the bug we found.and added some nice improvement we want these to be surprise, still some fix to do, we intend to make stable v5 before we moved to 6 which may came before Christmasv( v6),we may release next version soon
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm

That's good to hear I'm looking forward to the next update!
Back to top Go down
mgtroyas
new guy
mgtroyas

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Same here! Thank you very much for your work!
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Greeting
AHD now working on v6, it's completely new improved engine with advantages over v5 in every aspect, some feature take days to implement, but we soon become happy when we see it work, the new engine is much faster and the interface now dynamic, you can fully customise your interface even per console,background ,colors icons...lot of works been done:D 
I hope the gui will be ready soon, I'll post some snap
Back to top Go down
Bigby
new guy
Bigby

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 am

Thank you for all the hard work in making Emulator Organiser even better!

Can't wait to customize the UI with different colors! Smile 
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:48 am

Talk about V6 release has me very excited :-)
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 1:19 pm

just update the first post , If we missed anything pls replay so we can add it to list to do for next update
thanks
Back to top Go down
viritys
new guy
viritys

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Ok you might already have this feature and I'm just stupid - but anyway, here it goes:

Jum's A5200 Emulator wants itself to be in the same directory with the games. Workaround of course was simple enough: I installed it into the EO_install_dir/Temp Smile But that's not exactly optimal. So: I'm requesting an ability to change the temp path to a place of my choosing, preferably for each console separately. Or if that gives too much freedom, option to unpack the games to the same directory they originated from.
Back to top Go down
oden
new guy

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I stumbled across a similar emulator [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which requires the game be placed in the emulator's root directory and it also has to be labeled FROM. That was a very odd choice for the emulator developer.

It's not in the current public release, but will be in the next version.
Back to top Go down
viritys
new guy
viritys

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm

great, thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upcoming feature Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming feature   Upcoming feature Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming feature
Page 1 of 1