Emulator Organizer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emulator Organizer Forum

Every thing about Emulator Organizerand Emulator news found here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
logan5
new guy

MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO Empty
PostSubject: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Hey all. When I use EO to scan my rom folder I can't seem to get it to properly see the mame roms and create proper naming. For example, Asteroids doesn't show at all and seems to possibly merge with asteroids deluxe. I have my roms zipped in 7z format. I've tried a bunch of settings but can't seem to get it working correctly. Thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi logann Smile
EO has built in mame function to detect your rom set based on dat file,it's very simple to use
try to add new console using eo wizardy,like when you normaly add new console except you need to use
add >mame console ,right mouse click on console tab then add >mame console,EO will ask you for rom location and rom dat file
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:50 am

Thanks for the response. I can't seem to get EO to recognize my romset using romlister as my manager. I tried every import option, really don't know what the issue is...
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 5:26 am

Actually, when I use a vanilla mame dat 148 for the version of mame I'm using it crashes EO when I try to import??
Back to top Go down
Croser
Admin
Croser

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 3:57 pm

hello logann
I test my rom set (0.176) with vanilla dat and it seem to work fine maybe you need to create blank project for mame and use the dat file where you get your romset

I try romlister and spent some time with it,it export many file format one of then is mame xml and hyperspin xml,currently eo doesn't support mame xml format only dat,we 'll add this format in future release

the method below is not recommended for mame console,use add mame console wizardy instead:

If you intend to use custom xml or dat file when you add your mame rom to eo,you need to use different method than eo wizardy
let'us say you have created hyperspin xml output file using romlister,
add new blank console,scan for mame rom
from database menu>import database
select hyperlist xml type
uncheck"if rom is compressed check inside it for match"
check turbo speed (optional)
check "delete the rom not matched"
import your created xml file,it may take while
done
Back to top Go down
https://emulator-organizer-f.forumotion.com
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyThu May 04, 2017 8:35 am

Thank you Croser. Unfortunately every time I add the dat for scanning EO crashes. I even tried starting a new profile using MAME wizard and when verifying the dat crashes EO. This is very frustrating! I can add roms but renaming them crashes EO and I've tried several DAT files I've tracked down. I created some using romlister and Datworkshop pro, all just crash EO. Does someone possibly have a dat that works for MAME version 182 ? That's what I'm trying to use now. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
logan5
new guy

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

I used an old .dat and it worked, 148. It must be my dat. Is there a place I can find a working dat for EO version 0.182 for mame?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO   MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO Empty

Back to top Go down

MAMEUI 0.148 DAT file for EO
Page 1 of 1